Solved stuck on sign in for new account
ianhyzy last edited by ianhyzy
I'm no longer able to sign into Element - it seems to accept my password but on both desktop and the mobile app it just spins forever. It will eventually say There was a problem communicating with the homeserver, please try again later.
delegation and federation tests both still pass
I don't see any obvious erros in the logs for either element or matrix
I do see some errors in the console logs:
I'll also note that my account that was already signed in seemed fine before I logged out, and the issue happens with brand new accounts as well
There is one
404error when opening element for me and the same error.
Aug 02 22:54:24 [2021-08-02T20:54:24.897Z] "GET /config.element.deadsec.net.json?cachebuster=1627937670348" Error (404): "Not found"
But this seems not be an Element Issue but more a Matrix Home Server issue, since I can login with my
If I give Element the explicit login this error appears.
And the federation check seems also OK.
restarting both did also not help.
OK so this should be a Matrix Home Server Problem.
Since even when using https://app.element.io/#/login with the explicit login it also throws the error.
I even restored the app to version 1.27.1 and the issue persists. What is going on here?
Well I changed my DNS to Cloudflare and have the subdomains proxied. Maybe there is something about that.
@ianhyzy questionable since I even restored the version before and the issue is the same. Time for a Cloudron reboot
Have to do that anyway.
Edit nope issue persists.
humptydumpty last edited by
Element/Matrix are working fine on my server. I can sign in with the iOS mobile app, on Element (self-hosted on CR) and on Element (app.element.io) by editing the homeserver and using mine. All's good.
Cloudron app details:
Cloudron: v6.3.5 (Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS)
I'm not running a proxy or cloudflare.. maybe that's the issue? lmk if you need me to test anything on my end.
This post is deleted!
ianhyzy last edited by ianhyzy
I have my desktop app open and I can still send messages, but no dice on login - extremely weird. Nothing in logs at all other than that cachebuster error.
also turned on debug mode but it doesn't seem to be showing me anything more.
loggers: synapse.storage.SQL: # beware: increasing this to DEBUG will make synapse log sensitive # information such as access tokens. level: DEBUG twisted: # We send the twisted logging directly to the file handler, # to work around https://github.com/matrix-org/synapse/issues/3471 # when using "buffer" logger. Use "console" to log to stderr instead. handlers: [file] propagate: false root: level: DEBUG # Write logs to the `buffer` handler, which will buffer them together in memory, # then write them to a file. # # Replace "buffer" with "console" to log to stderr instead. (Note that you'll # also need to update the configuration for the `twisted` logger above, in # this case.) # handlers: [buffer] disable_existing_loggers: false
@ianhyzy Did you install synapse with Cloudron user integration disabled? Earlier I had reported an issue along these lines at https://github.com/matrix-org/matrix-synapse-ldap3/issues/124 . If you installed Synapse with Cloudron user integration disabled, then can you check homeserver.yml and ensure that it does not have the Ldap configuration ? If there is some ldap configuration just remove it entirely and restart synapse. Note that there is a "disabled" flag but that does nothing (I reported that as https://github.com/matrix-org/matrix-synapse-ldap3/issues/123)
I thought I automatically deleted the password_providers section when user management is disabled with https://git.cloudron.io/cloudron/synapse-app/-/commit/6775418dafd900ddd5dd7ce9201014f227571de7 but maybe I got something wrong.
Interesting, yes I did have this:
password_providers: - module: "synapse.util.ldap_auth_provider.LdapAuthProvider" config: enabled: true uri: "ldap://ldap.example.com:389" start_tls: true base: "ou=users,dc=example,dc=com" attributes: uid: "username" mail: "mail" name: "username" bind_dn: "ou=users,dc=cloudron" bind_password: "password" filter: "(objectClass=posixAccount)"
so i deleted it and boom, working again! Cloudron support remains unmatched in speed and ticket resolution time
@ianhyzy oh I made a mistake in the script.
I fixed this in package 1.28.0-1