Tailscale reverse proxy from VPS to Cloudron home server
Here is the setup I am trying to achieve:
- Namecheap Domain points to static IP at Hetzner Ubuntu VPS
- Ubuntu VPS has Caddy and Tailscale installed and ports 80 and 443 open with SSL working properly at domain
- Ubuntu home server has Cloudron and Tailscale installed, but Cloudron is not configured yet
- home server is NOT port forwarding
- The goal is to get Caddy on VPS to reverse proxy using the Tailscale IP address into the Cloudron home server without opening up ports on the home network.
- Is this possible? The reason I want to do it this way is:
- because I can't pay for a VPS with tons of storage and my self-hosted services will use up a lot of storage
- because I don't know what I am doing and I am concerned about opening up vulnerabilities to my home network
- when I tried to point my Namecheap domain at my home IP using DDNS I could not figure out how to get it to work.
- If this is possible, what do I need to do as far as NAT loopback, Domain setup, DNS configuration, etc?
necrevistonnezr last edited by
@erronnie Would also be interested in this - in particular if you can still manage mails with your own domain in that setup….