Solved API Broken (LimeSurvey release 1.34.12 breaks API)
tshirt-chihuahu last edited by tshirt-chihuahu
The upgrade from Cloudron Limesurvey release 1.34.11 to 1.34.12 broke the "export_responses" API call (throws a 500 error).
- Verified API call works on 1.34.11
- Verified API call does not work on a fresh install of 1.34.12 (to rule out any strange state in my primary install that is several months old).
Nothing related to api listed in change log for this release:
Changes from 5.4.12 (build 221121) to 5.4.13 (build 221128) November 28, 2022
-Fixed issue: gid suffix was missing in aRDP_regexpStaticAttribute array (Tim Willig)
-Fixed issue #18463: List of uploaded files should be sorted alphabetically (#2722) (Gabriel Jenik)
-Fixed issue #18461: Survey groups at survey list screen should be listed alphabetically (#2724) (Gabriel Jenik)
-Fixed issue #18424: Typo in debug message (#2705) (Gabriel Jenik)
-Fixed issue #18395: Access to limereplacementfields didn't check read permission on survey (#2655) (Gabriel Jenik)
-Fixed issue #17648: Email received by participant is empty (#2691) (Denis Chenu)
#Updated translation: Portuguese (Brazil) by rafaelmaia
#Updated translation: Polish by elissa
#Updated translation: Polish (Informal) by elissa
#Updated translation: Luxembourgish by Mazi
#Updated translation: Italian by lfanfoni
#Updated translation: Italian (Informal) by lfanfoni
#Updated translation: German by c_schmitz
#Updated translation: German (Informal) by c_schmitz
#Updated translation: French (France) by b00z00, DenisChenu, Nickko, sim.eesp
#Updated translation: Dutch by Han
#Updated translation: Dutch (Informal) by Han
#Updated translation: Chinese (Simplified) by hdaphq, humandynamic, xiongrui, zengqing, zhanginshanghai, Zoctan
#Updated translation: Azerbaijani by Heyder
Reporting here in case this is a cloudron specific issue -- there are some more recent releases of limesurvey that don't mention any issues being noted yet in the changelog.
Will also check with LimeSurvey directly to see what I find.
This is a critical issue for me that interrupts service. However, I was able to roll back to the prior release as a temporary fix that seems to only have created data migration headaches.
Would appreciate any intel that anyone finds related to this issue.
Thanks for reporting here, it seems l like an upstream regression from what you describe. If you had created an issue with the upstream project, can you link it maybe here so we can also track that and follow up there if needed?
@tshirt-chihuahu Do you see any errors in the logs ? If you can tell me how to reproduce this via some test curl call, I can try to reproduce this.
@nebulon Based on my time-limited search, wasn't able to find a way to submit an issue that seemed viable. Limesurvey github project has issues deactivated. Quickly checked site, have forum, but decided not to mess with it.
Was able to find a fix though.....see below
@girish Thanks for chiming in on this promptly. There were no errors in the logs (just showed a 500 response returned.)
Was able to get this resolved, see below.
I was unable to find any official documentation showing a breaking API change. However I did find this python library that seemed to be on top of its game: Citric.
Their "save_responses"/"export_responses" method still worked, so as a temporary measure I was able to drop in their method to get data flow working again.
I haven't dug into their code further yet to see what specifically changed/broke, but I'm going to mark this thread as resolved (before I lose it), as someone can read that code to find the specific solution if needed.