Cloudron makes it easy to run web apps like WordPress, Nextcloud, GitLab on your server. Find out more or install now.

Skip to content

Off-topic

Anything else not related to Cloudron

260 Topics 2.0k Posts
  • DNSense - Domain management made easy

0 Votes
    1 Posts
    No one has replied
  • Ionos Hosting

0 Votes
    2 Posts
    marcusquinnM

@LoudLemur The devil is in the updates, backups, and support. Anyone using those stack, likely also knows how to self-host.

• 11 Votes
    63 Posts
    8k Views
    L

https://installatron.com/?s=fef37c3b1835b8fa8b78cf5ccd8c50a7

Installatron ?

• LibRedirect

2 Votes
    1 Posts
    No one has replied
  • Next Cloud Text and Image Generation using LLM Failures

Solved
    0 Votes
    6 Posts
    necrevistonnezrN

@bvxzee Usually not before the first bugfix version has been released by Nextcloud (i.e. 29.01)

• 0 Votes
    1 Posts
    No one has replied
  • BasedFlare

2 Votes
    1 Posts
    No one has replied
  • Best privacy chat apps

Moved
    1 Votes
    135 Posts
    18k Views
    scookeS

@jdaviescoates I'm just using the terms that were in the post. "A single Bitcoin transaction...", "iPhone ... process more transactions". Both transactions are on the blockchain. Perhaps the first statement was trying to say something more like "ALL the computers connected to the blockchain when a transaction occurs use more energy than...". The first statement sounds like an exaggeration and frankly won't sway most away from using Bitcoin (well, any phrase always has the potential to sway some number of people any which way). It wouldn't be accurate to say that ALL computers connected to the blockchain are essential for any given transaction to process, but that is what is implied. It isn't true. It certainly is fine and good for people to make others aware that there are costs associated with Bitcoin, but I'd avoid fearmongering.

I thought I'd brush up my info before posting, and read https://river.com/learn/how-does-a-bitcoin-transaction-work/. So, yeah, I can't confirm how much energy a given mining NODE uses to mine a specific order, but it still looks to me like fearmongering when the costs are talked about, generally.

• Self-Hosted Applications Directory

8 Votes
    6 Posts
    jdaviescoatesJ

@RazielKanos said in Open Sorce Alternatives:

Heyas,
    I didn't know that websites, but really think it's cool, maybe you find something useful there too 😄

https://www.opensourcealternative.to/

• Now try this one...

0 Votes
    3 Posts
    L

@scooke It is a fun deepfake of two US Presidents.

• Permission is hereby granted

4 Votes
    7 Posts
    jdaviescoatesJ

@scooke ChatGPT wrote them in an instant.

• The Petabyte Pi Project

2 Votes
    1 Posts
    No one has replied
  • How did you survive the eclipse?

2 Votes
    4 Posts
    G

I watched churchgoers panic and bunked out of the office

• This topic is deleted!

Solved
    0 Votes
    1 Posts
    No one has replied
  • LocalSend FOSS to send files across devices

5 Votes
    1 Posts
    No one has replied
  • Who has a Flipper zero?

2 Votes
    3 Posts
    luckowL

I got mine from the Kickstarter campaign a long time ago. Nice piece of hardware, friendly community and a lot of alternative firmware versions in circulation. I've been playing a lot with different apps to replicate hotel room cards, log other travellers out of train wifi, turn off annoying TV screens in bars and experiment with the wifi devboard. The moment one of my hardware nerd friends looked at this little device with wide eyes, I decided to give it to him as a gift.
    If you enjoy hardware, this is your tool of choice.

• Personal Management Apps

1 Votes
    8 Posts
    micmcM

@JLX89 Seriously, looking at personal management system I think the thing that is the nearest app would be AnyType it's open source and can be modified to your licking, however comes with a great deal of templates and a ready to use structure. Reminds a lot of how Notion works. Also, there's been a few discussion about AnyType here on the forum, a simple search is revealing. 🙂

• Docker compatible fileserver service

2 Votes
    4 Posts
    KubernetesK

@fbartels Thanks a lot for the suggestion of "Crazy Max" docker-samba. I did test it together with the other options. Finally I did like the configuration and usage of it most and decided to use it now. ✔

• This topic is deleted!

0 Votes
    1 Posts
    No one has replied
  • some good news finally..

6 Votes
    1 Posts
    No one has replied