@girish okay I’ll try that, thanks for looking into it Girish! It’s definitely odd and I’m surprised I only recently discovered this concern. Some of them definitely existed before Cloudron days and came over as part of the “all in one migration” plugin which I have a feeling overwrite the database to match the original source, so likely is part of the reason there. Some newer ones also have it though but thinking further I think it’s because it was an issue in the template one I spun up new site builds from.
I’ll try converting and hopefully that’ll help with some stuff. Will report back on whether it’s successful or not 🙂
@girish i put in a self made plugin with nothing but a drop table command and it didn't fire off immediately so i thought it didnt work .. but when i went back a few hours later to dig thru those logs .. they were gone! 🤷🏽♂️ i also turned off wp-cron and scheduled everything manually at a more modest rate - and since I haven't had any issues.
except this 👆🏽 its listing myhouseofhearing.ca at 1.2GB and i CANT figure out why. looking through WinSCP or File Manager, there's nothing in there that ought to be so big!
im going to run -prune on the docker later this evening, and hope that clears up too, but im out of ideas for the wp site!
are there any 3rd party apps i could install to get a more accurate look at the filesystem and resource usage??
Also, in my case the specific file which is no longer compatible appears to simplexlsx.class.php and I'm not sure the site is actually making use of that anywhere (it seems it is a Excel reader and we aren't using anything to do with Excel anywhere on the website), so can't help wondering if I could just delete that file...
Ah, tried that on the cloned version of the app I'm debugging things with and of course (as I half expected) I then got a load of errors for files that refer to that file... so I deleted those references too...
And now it seems to be working fine!
So for now I'll just do the same thing on the actual app and then update.
Perhaps in the future I'll need to do the scrape to static HTML thing... but no immediate need now (but still interested in easy ways to accomplish that).
@robi make a clone from a backup and update the cloned site. Take a look at the live log while opening the site. It will tell you exactly where it breaks and why. For me it was because of outdated themes and old plugins and I fixed 6/8 sites so far.
@girish AFAIK passwords in environment variables change after restart (from what I remember regarding the LAMP app) so what is the point in hardcoding them into something like a plugin? You could use the variable for SMTP_PASSWORD in your config file though.
Assuming you mean the Cloudron part, the Cloudron environment variables are kept "constant" over the life cycle of an app. Initially, our idea was to change these periodically automatically for security but it seems people put the database values into into other apps which breaks. So, we didn't implement it.
@micmc No, I'm not using a WP Reset Plugin. Yes, they're all Multisite Compatible to my knowledge. I'm going debug everything and see what I can come up with. I appreciate the feedback, will report back here with any issues.
No, you want the Developer version of the Cloudron WordPress app, instead of the "Managed" (aka so locked down it doesn't actually work) version.
In the app store, choose WordPress (Developer) instead of just WordPress
Screenshot from 2022-08-12 11-17-31.png
This distinction seems to serve only to confuse people and leads to all sorts of headaches. IMHO the managed WordPress shouldn't exist and only the WordPress (Developer) app should be in the app store.
Or, at the very least "WordPress (Developer)" ought to be renamed to just "WordPress", and the existing managed WordPress app, which is currently called just "WordPress" should be renamed to "WordPress (Managed)" and a message should be added to the install page warning them that they probably want the unmanaged one that actually works, not the locked down one that mostly just doesn't.
I think I had that issue a long time ago and it was something to do with the Auth-LDAP plugin not saving the passwords in the database, and so if that plugin gets disabled then we can't login 'offline'. The WP CLI will be the best way to work around it I think, as it seems you did already also with the password reset tool too! 🙂
@JUVOJustin Have you tried just putting the public IP of the server in htaccess? When openvpn channels the request to wordpress, it will see the public IP of the server itself and not the private/tunnel IP.
@jdaviescoates yep that´s the plugin. To be honest i have no clue about ldap 😄 I actually don´t know how i should set up the plugin to work with the cloudron groups. Thats what my question is mainly about. If it is an issue with the plugin i could reach out to the developer.
@scooke Hello as far as I know you should have this running on WP multisite and thus moving it to Cloudron should be as easy as migrating any WP site.
That being said, it may depends on how you have set your multisite either using sub domains or sub directories. I'm running a multisite using sub directories on Cloudron for a few years without any problems.
There has been a few discussions here on the forum about the capacity of using it with sub domains, however I'm not sure if anything has ended up with a solution for this issue. Maybe, you can make a search for that on the forum, which I will check on myself as well as you remind us about it. 😳