Cypht - Lightweight open source webmail application written in PHP and JavaScript
-
Attention: I have made a few tweaks to my release pipeline and as a result of that the url of the CloudronVersions.json has changed. The shop listing has the updated url, but I don´t think there is an automated upgrade so the app needs to be removed and reinstalled.
-
@fbartels fyi, I am getting some Cypht error messages, which my impression started after the latest Community App version, but I may have ignored them from earlier.
cURL error: Failed to connect to localhost port 5232 after 0 ms: Couldn't connect to serverAny idea?
Not critical - app continues to work.My research :
When you run Cypht behind a web server (e.g., Nginx), the front‑end talks to a small daemon that talks to your actual IMAP servers. That daemon listens on port 5232, so the web‑UI can reach it via http://localhost:5232/ (or the equivalent Unix socket) without exposing the real IMAP ports to the public Internet. In short, port 5232 is the bridge between the Cypht web interface and the IMAP backend.
-
Yes, I have seen that as well. This comes from the cypht cardav client. Wenn that one is enabled it looks for a server at that address by default. So to get rid of the error either remove the carddav part from CYPHT_MODULES in .env or add the address of a carddav server.
PS: i have removed the module from the default configuration for the next release
-
Yes, I have seen that as well. This comes from the cypht cardav client. Wenn that one is enabled it looks for a server at that address by default. So to get rid of the error either remove the carddav part from CYPHT_MODULES in .env or add the address of a carddav server.
PS: i have removed the module from the default configuration for the next release
@fbartels have you moved your repo or something? I'm getting:
Cloudron could not check for updates for the app installed at https://cyphtapp.domain.coop. Error: CloudronVersions.json not found -
No, no recent change to this on my side. Once early on I changed the release job to push the json file into a separate branch. Is your installation still using the old location? The new one is https://git.9wd.eu/apps/cloudron-cypht/raw/branch/release/CloudronVersions.json
-
No, no recent change to this on my side. Once early on I changed the release job to push the json file into a separate branch. Is your installation still using the old location? The new one is https://git.9wd.eu/apps/cloudron-cypht/raw/branch/release/CloudronVersions.json
-
Yes, as far as I remember there is currently no exposed ui for this. I think girish posted how to change the manifest somewhere here on the forum, but i cannot find it. It is probably something that needs to be changed in the mysql database of the cloudron instance itself.
Edit: the simple solution is probably to just reinstall the app. There does not seem to be a way to export settings, though.
-
Yes, as far as I remember there is currently no exposed ui for this. I think girish posted how to change the manifest somewhere here on the forum, but i cannot find it. It is probably something that needs to be changed in the mysql database of the cloudron instance itself.
Edit: the simple solution is probably to just reinstall the app. There does not seem to be a way to export settings, though.
@fbartels @jdaviescoates
I think girish comment was in discussion of moving from Tachyon community to Tachyon official. But I don’t have good access at the moment to search. -
@fbartels @jdaviescoates
I think girish comment was in discussion of moving from Tachyon community to Tachyon official. But I don’t have good access at the moment to search.@fbartels @jdaviescoates
I think girish comment was in discussion of moving from Tachyon community to Tachyon official. But I don’t have good access at the moment to search.This is Cypht, not Tachyon (fork of Snappymail)?
-
@fbartels @jdaviescoates
I think girish comment was in discussion of moving from Tachyon community to Tachyon official. But I don’t have good access at the moment to search.This is Cypht, not Tachyon (fork of Snappymail)?
@necrevistonnezr I know the discussion was in Tachyon about methodology.
-
-
Quite possibly, but I can't see anywhere that I can actually check/ update the location of CloudronVersions.json

You have use the CLI tool .
cloudron update --versions-url <> --force. Is that what you are looking for? -
-
@jdaviescoates also, to check the location see the Help dropdown of the app. It's quite hidden.
@joseph aha, thanks! That is what I was looking for:

And yeah @fbartels mine was still https://git.9wd.eu/apps/cloudron-cypht/raw/branch/main/CloudronVersions.json which is now a 404.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login
