Cloudron makes it easy to run web apps like WordPress, Nextcloud, GitLab on your server. Find out more or install now.


Skip to content
  • Categories
  • Recent
  • Tags
  • Popular
  • Bookmarks
  • Search
Skins
  • Light
  • Brite
  • Cerulean
  • Cosmo
  • Flatly
  • Journal
  • Litera
  • Lumen
  • Lux
  • Materia
  • Minty
  • Morph
  • Pulse
  • Sandstone
  • Simplex
  • Sketchy
  • Spacelab
  • United
  • Yeti
  • Zephyr
  • Dark
  • Cyborg
  • Darkly
  • Quartz
  • Slate
  • Solar
  • Superhero
  • Vapor

  • Default (No Skin)
  • No Skin
Collapse
Brand Logo

Cloudron Forum

Offical apps | Community apps | Demo | Docs | Install
  1. Cloudron Forum
  2. Surfer
  3. File Size Limit?

File Size Limit?

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Surfer
25 Posts 5 Posters 11.8k Views 5 Watching
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • girishG
    girishG
    girish
    Staff
    wrote on last edited by
    #6

    I was able to upload 4GB to demo server just fine as well.

    image.png

    image.png

    @Dave-Swift I suspect there are some network issues at play here.

    robiR 1 Reply Last reply
    0
    • girishG girish

      I was able to upload 4GB to demo server just fine as well.

      image.png

      image.png

      @Dave-Swift I suspect there are some network issues at play here.

      robiR
      robiR
      robi
      wrote on last edited by
      #7

      @girish said in File Size Limit?:

      I was able to upload 4GB to demo server just fine as well.

      via webdav?

      Conscious tech

      1 Reply Last reply
      1
      • girishG
        girishG
        girish
        Staff
        wrote on last edited by
        #8

        @robi ha! I missed the most important thing 🙂 I just uploaded via the web ui. WebDAV ...

        1 Reply Last reply
        1
        • girishG
          girishG
          girish
          Staff
          wrote on last edited by
          #9

          Yup, I got an error.

          image.png

          Jan 18 11:13:11PROPFIND /_webdav/Testing/1GB.bin 404 4.873 ms - -
          
          1 Reply Last reply
          0
          • robiR
            robiR
            robi
            wrote on last edited by robi
            #10

            image.png
            This is from a Windows box.

            Oddly enough it seems the whole 2GB ISO file was uploaded. Not sure if it's complete, but the bytes seem ok.

            Conscious tech

            1 Reply Last reply
            0
            • Dave SwiftD
              Dave SwiftD
              Dave Swift
              wrote on last edited by
              #11

              For the web interface, try on Firefox vs. Chrome and see if you have a different experience please!

              1 Reply Last reply
              0
              • girishG
                girishG
                girish
                Staff
                wrote on last edited by
                #12

                Both firefox and Chrome uploads work for me. WebDAV does not work.

                1 Reply Last reply
                1
                • Dave SwiftD
                  Dave SwiftD
                  Dave Swift
                  wrote on last edited by
                  #13

                  Hmm, I cannot even start to upload large files on Firefox but I can on Chrome. MacOS.

                  necrevistonnezrN nebulonN 2 Replies Last reply
                  0
                  • robiR
                    robiR
                    robi
                    wrote on last edited by robi
                    #14

                    The surfer.demo.cloudron.io is still up and available for testing from multiple clients with logs. It's API key is api66dadc9cd75f3c2f22052f7e2e1f4965 for the webdav pw.

                    Conscious tech

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    0
                    • Dave SwiftD Dave Swift

                      Hmm, I cannot even start to upload large files on Firefox but I can on Chrome. MacOS.

                      necrevistonnezrN
                      necrevistonnezrN
                      necrevistonnezr
                      wrote on last edited by
                      #15

                      @Dave-Swift said in File Size Limit?:

                      Hmm, I cannot even start to upload large files on Firefox but I can on Chrome. MacOS.

                      https://forum.cloudron.io/post/74532
                      https://forum.cloudron.io/post/74973
                      🌂

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      0
                      • Dave SwiftD Dave Swift

                        Hmm, I cannot even start to upload large files on Firefox but I can on Chrome. MacOS.

                        nebulonN
                        nebulonN
                        nebulon
                        Staff
                        wrote on last edited by
                        #16

                        @Dave-Swift do you see any errors anywhere? I only use firefox and have no issues with the upload thus far.

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        0
                        • Dave SwiftD
                          Dave SwiftD
                          Dave Swift
                          wrote on last edited by
                          #17

                          CleanShot 2024-01-20 at 09.47.16@2x.png

                          necrevistonnezrN nebulonN 2 Replies Last reply
                          0
                          • Dave SwiftD Dave Swift

                            CleanShot 2024-01-20 at 09.47.16@2x.png

                            necrevistonnezrN
                            necrevistonnezrN
                            necrevistonnezr
                            wrote on last edited by
                            #18

                            @Dave-Swift What extensions are you using? At what level is the built-in blocking set? Are you using something like Pi-Hole - if so, with what lists? Those are usually the problems with Firefox….

                            Dave SwiftD 1 Reply Last reply
                            0
                            • necrevistonnezrN necrevistonnezr

                              @Dave-Swift What extensions are you using? At what level is the built-in blocking set? Are you using something like Pi-Hole - if so, with what lists? Those are usually the problems with Firefox….

                              Dave SwiftD
                              Dave SwiftD
                              Dave Swift
                              wrote on last edited by
                              #19

                              @necrevistonnezr All extensions and built-in blocking off. No pi-hole or vpn. Uploading works fine to other commercial sites.

                              1 Reply Last reply
                              0
                              • Dave SwiftD Dave Swift

                                CleanShot 2024-01-20 at 09.47.16@2x.png

                                nebulonN
                                nebulonN
                                nebulon
                                Staff
                                wrote on last edited by
                                #20

                                @Dave-Swift hm clearly an error but not much helping with the minification. Do you see any http status code errors in the networking tab in your browser and/or in the app logs on the server itself? Also have you tried other browsers just to narrow down the issue?

                                necrevistonnezrN 1 Reply Last reply
                                0
                                • nebulonN nebulon

                                  @Dave-Swift hm clearly an error but not much helping with the minification. Do you see any http status code errors in the networking tab in your browser and/or in the app logs on the server itself? Also have you tried other browsers just to narrow down the issue?

                                  necrevistonnezrN
                                  necrevistonnezrN
                                  necrevistonnezr
                                  wrote on last edited by
                                  #21

                                  @nebulon said in File Size Limit?:

                                  @Dave-Swift Also have you tried other browsers just to narrow down the issue?

                                  @Dave-Swift said in File Size Limit?:

                                  Hmm, I cannot even start to upload large files on Firefox but I can on Chrome. MacOS.

                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  0
                                  • nebulonN
                                    nebulonN
                                    nebulon
                                    Staff
                                    wrote on last edited by
                                    #22

                                    Ah sorry I misread this. Well then it is most likely some extension in firefox causing this.

                                    Dave SwiftD 1 Reply Last reply
                                    0
                                    • robiR
                                      robiR
                                      robi
                                      wrote on last edited by
                                      #23

                                      What happened to the WebDAV issue?

                                      Conscious tech

                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      1
                                      • nebulonN
                                        nebulonN
                                        nebulon
                                        Staff
                                        wrote on last edited by nebulon
                                        #24

                                        It is on the list to debug. Not yet sure what the root cause is.

                                        1 Reply Last reply
                                        2
                                        • nebulonN nebulon

                                          Ah sorry I misread this. Well then it is most likely some extension in firefox causing this.

                                          Dave SwiftD
                                          Dave SwiftD
                                          Dave Swift
                                          wrote on last edited by
                                          #25

                                          @nebulon Had no extensions on in Firefox.

                                          1 Reply Last reply
                                          0

                                          Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                          Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                          With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                                          Register Login
                                          Reply
                                          • Reply as topic
                                          Log in to reply
                                          • Oldest to Newest
                                          • Newest to Oldest
                                          • Most Votes


                                          • Login

                                          • Don't have an account? Register

                                          • Login or register to search.
                                          • First post
                                            Last post
                                          0
                                          • Categories
                                          • Recent
                                          • Tags
                                          • Popular
                                          • Bookmarks
                                          • Search