Wiki.js - An open source, modern and powerful wiki app built on Node.js, Git and Markdown.

• Hey all,

we would be really happy to see Wiki.js - which is an Open Source project - to be available on the cloudron.io platform. For us this would be one "killer app". ^^

From wiki.js.org:

An open source, modern and powerful wiki app built on Node.js, Git and Markdown.

Amongst other considerations this is exactly what we demand from a modern wiki engine. We evaluated various solutions during the last couple of months and this seems to be exactly what we are looking for. A great alternative seems to be bookstack.

According to their Github project site the project is quite active, maintained and seems to have a solid user base.
    And they offer ready to go docker images, too. :)

So long!

• @ctrl I agree. This is the one app that Cloudron doesn't have that I'd like to use. Bookstack would also be nice. Hope they add them both soon!

• Is there anything we - as a community - can do to get this up and running rather soon?

• @ctrl is there already a docker hub image of this app ? if so packaging it for cloudron and testing it from different cloudron install could help move forward the state of this app..

Edit : it seems so : https://github.com/Requarks/wiki#docker--cloud-install

ps : future version of cloudron will facilitate loading dockerfile images and launch apps at an individual level (out of the cloudron store) if I understood correctly but it's not ready yet I guess..in the meantime, packaging for cloudron from an existing docker file seem to be the way to go !

• Thank you for your input @rikmendes.

Do you have a pointer to where to start? Is the packaging process documented and available to the public?

• @ctrl I only did this once for HackMD before it became an official app on the cloudron store..but I'm no expert and managed it by following the instructions here : https://cloudron.io/developer/packaging/ unless wikiJS has some really specific things you should be able with perhaps some help to move forward ?

• Thanks a lot for your input. I'll give it a shot and will report back soon.
    For a dev related discussion I'd create a new thread in the support section and link it with this thread.