Cloudron makes it easy to run web apps like WordPress, Nextcloud, GitLab on your server. Find out more or install now.

Sorry to have to ask for help setting up Riot

• I am so grateful for all the work put in Cloudron~

I must be misunderstanding something about Riot and Matrix. I've eited the config.json file and renamed the Host Server to my domain, but I am still getting the message

Cannot reach homeserver
    Ensure you have a stable internet connection, or get in touch with the server admin

What do I need to do? I thought the 5.1 update brought something called a TURN server which Matrix would us.e... you know, I have no idea what to do. Bit by bit things make sense but right now, I'd love to use Riot, and get ready for Jitsi Meet, but I just don't get it. Thanks for any help.

• Do you already have 5.1? My cloudron is still on v5.0.6 ^^ Lower right corner in the dashboard.

I guess what 5.1 brings is integrating TURN with Nextcloud Talk. Matrix/Synapse integration seems not done yet.

• Did you do do what's suggested in your other Riot thread?

• Staff

@scooke Matrix/Riot are not ready yet but I made good progress today and managed to get the federation tester to work. So, I will make it available tomorrow with the docs (note: it will still be 'unstable'). Thanks for your patience!

• @yusf Yep. I just thought that now the (turn) server info would be more clear or easy to spot or something. Or for Riot and Matrix, it is a synapse server, not turn.
    I am totally not being impatient or ungrateful or anything like that, I just am slowly getting my head around the tech and its jargon. For some reason I thought the 5.1 update 'solved everything', but I see that bit by bit things are getting connected and hooked up. Thank you @girish!

• @subven It seems to get a jump start on 5.1 you can write to support and ask for the update to appear in Settings - Update. I only asked because I was prepared, if things get mucked up, to restore from a backup, having done so a few times for various reasons.

• Staff

@scooke No problem 🙂 It's quite confusing because I have been leaving various bits of progress all over this forum in various places...

Just to give an update on the current status. I have gotten synapse published. I put some initial docs at https://cloudron.io/documentation/apps/synapse/ (reading that now, there seems to a big wall of text. I have to simplify it). I am publishing riot now.

But both the apps require Cloudron 5.1.4 which is now going through our CI. In 5.1.4, we have a way to add .well-known docs which is required for synapse/riot to work. Hopefully, we should be in a releasable state tomorrow.