Release Bell - Package Updates
You can use this thread to track updates to the Release Bell package.
Please open issues in a separate topic instead of replying here.
We use Release Bell entirely to get email notifications across github and gitlab projects. Recently, we have been missing quite a few release notifications. Two separate issues.
a) I don't get notified for some projects
b) For some projects like roundcube, I don't get new release notifications
I found the root cause of both and have pushed a new package 1.4.0.
If you are curious:
a) We made the starred repo API call without pagination! This meant I only got notified about starred repos in the first page.
b) Get tags API call also was not paginated. But this doesn't answer why we don't get notified. After all, the first page should contain the latest tags. Turns out, it's not! GitHub API has a limitation that tags are always alphabetically sorted (i.e straight
git tagoutput). This still doesn't answer why I don't get Roundcube notifications (because we get it for other projects). Turns out, roundcube changed it's release tags format from
x.y.z. Because of alphabetical sorting, we always got the old tags in the first page and thus never the new tags.
- Use latest base image 2.0.0
- Add support to add GitHub projects manually
- Continue checking project releases even if one fails
- Update base image v3
- Improve notification emails
- Show new tag description with changelog where possible
- Thanks to Tomer Shvueli for contributing those features!
- Limit parallel github release tag fetching to avoid rate-limits
- Update base image to 3.2.0
- Better retry and throtteling for GitHub API calls
- Do not stop on non-existent GitLab repos
- Increase Github page size to reduce risk of API rate limits
- Show project names for manually added GitHub projects
- Add dark-mode in notification emails
- Update nodejs dependencies