Migrating Wordpress Cloudways to Cloudron
I too need to migrate 6 highly customised Wordpress sites built with 6 different themes/ pagebuilders from Cloudways to Cloudron. Petrified!!!
This has always worked well enough for me:
I had issues with this but comes well reviewed:
Search for nulled versions if you need a cheaper way to get their Pro versions and can't justify the cost. Otherwise, support developers that make your life easier.
The fastest way to migrate any WordPress installation to Cloudron is very simple:
- Export the /wp-content/ folder on the origin server to a wp-content.zip file
- Export the database on the source server to a .sql file. In phpmyadmin, select all the tables, and export to bbdd.sql
- Create a clean install of WordPress on the target Cloudron
- Once created, go to the file manager of the Cloudron WordPress installation and into the /public/ folder:
- upload the wp-content.zip file
- delete existing /wp-content/ folder
- unzip the file wp-content.zip
- change ownership to www-data from /wp-content/ folder which has been unzipped
- Finally, upload the .sql file of the database from step 2 to the path /app/data/
After this, all that remains is to migrate the database. To do this, go to the application console in Cloudron. Once in it, you just have to type:
wp db reset
wp db import bbdd.sql
With this, the migration is complete.
I made a guide out of your post - https://docs.cloudron.io/guides/migrate-wordpress/
Perhaps mention the All in One Migration plugin there too? I think for lots of people that's actually a much simpler option.