Solved Backups appear to not work after upgrade
As the title says...
Storage Format rsync
Encryption is enabled if that matters.
I'm getting this as a notification:
Unable to chown:EACCES: permission denied, chown '/mnt/ibt/backup/snapshot/app_22f1c4f7-7480-405d-aae9-258e7cc5cee7/O4m2+us4iuqCWWOtbom2RZncffaPgi9HNTF936n7CaU'
However: I think the error is incorrect, or weird, or something, though, because the permissions are most definitely correct. Cloudron is the only thing that ever touches that mountpoint, and it has access to do whatever it wants:
-rw-r--r-- 1 yellowtent yellowtent 3732 Jul 9 15:41 /mnt/ibt/backup/snapshot/app_22f1c4f7-7480-405d-aae9-258e7cc5cee7/O4m2+us4iuqCWWOtbom2RZncffaPgi9HNTF936n7CaU
I tried removing the problematic file, and forcing a new backup, but the same error happened again.
@robin looks like something in the backup config migration during the release is off. Is that mountpoint by any chance sshfs?
I figured out the problem. It happens with sshfs is not mounted as "root" user.
@girish Yeah, I'm using uid=yellowtent,gid=yellowtent, so I think that is indeed my problem
Seems like I'm having the same issue. Is there a workaround for this? Not quite sure how to fix it!
@mazarian We have put in a fix in 6.3.5. Can you try updating to that by going to Settings -> Check for updates. And then you have to update with "Skip backup" checkbox checked since of course the backups are failing.
After the update, you can configure the Backups to use the new SSHFS backend. Can you please try that?
@girish Fix seems to have worked for me, thanks!
For satisfying my own curiosity, can you explain why using the mountpoint method was no longer sufficient?
@girish Thank you! I was already on 6.3.5 and was experiencing that issue. I decided to delete the /mnt/cloudronbackup directory and set the SSHFS settings again (I had already reset the SSHFS settings with no success) and it works now. The permissions of the new cloudronbackup directory are totally different.
Initially, the cloudronbackup directory was root:root. Then I got a warning saying it should be yellowtent:yellowtent- it still didn't work after making that change.
drwxr-xr-x 3 yellowtent yellowtent 4.0K Jul 11 21:33 cloudronbackup
drwxrwxrwx 1 1032 users 100 Jul 12 14:09 cloudronbackup
@mazarian that's correct, the permission is the thing I fixed in 6.3.5. Glad it's working now and thanks for reporting back!