Solved Can't login for the Apps Page
My Cloudron updated to v7.0.3, then it said a restart was required. I went ahead and rebooted the whole computer. Now I can access the My Apps page, I can click on my username in the upper right corner and change anything in there, I can access any of the installed apps, the catch being when I go to the App Store, it takes a couple of minutes to load, then takes me to the account creation page (Sign up with Cloudron.io), if I click "Already have an account? Log in" then attempt to log in, it says "An account with this email already exists"
I can log into the Cloudron.io page with no issues. I can go to Profile and change my password, Domains to add and remove domains, etc. I did notice that when I click on my name in the upper right and click on Settings, I see this
When I click on the Apps Tab, it loads this screen
Then I click "Already have an account? Log in" and it loads this page
Which incidentally doesn't appear to refresh the page, it appears to only unhide the 2FA Token and push the other two elements down and change the text up top (I didn't examine the source code and inspect elements and all of that so pure speculation)
Then when I try to log in, it does this
I did check and I can log out and back in, so the issue seems to be between the server and cloudrons servers. I did notice when I look at the console and then click on the apps tab, it says "Failed to get apps. Will retry. " in the console
With the new information, I did some searching and decided to try host api.cloudron.io and it responded with
;; connection timed out; no servers could be reached
Then I tried host api.cloudron.io 126.96.36.199 and it responded with
Using domain server:
api.cloudron.io has address 188.8.131.52
@meeksfamily06 Ah, this can happen if unbound is not running/working. Can you please check
systemctl status unbound?
@meeksfamily06 that seems good. Is your server on linode by any chance? We already got 2-3 reports here that DNS resolution fails on linode for some reason via unbound. The "workaround" is to snapshot the server and create a new server from the snapshot (to get a different IP). There is some issue on the linode side, I think we have to investigate a bit more and report to them.
@meeksfamily06 If the server is on linode... if the snapshotting does not solve it, do you think you can give us access to the server? I would like to debug it further to find the root cause.
I sent you a private message
I'm guessing you guys did something because it seems to be working again
@meeksfamily06 Interesting, we didn't actually do anything. Please let us know if you hit this again.
Figured I would add an update. I did figure out what was causing the issue.
If I ran the command
systemctl status systemd-resolved.service
It said it was Active: inactive (dead)
So I ran
systemctl enable systemd-resolved.service systemctl start systemd-resolved.service systemctl status systemd-resolved.service
That fixed the issue
@meeksfamily06 Cloudron uses unbound and does not use
systemd-resolved. You won't see any issues unless when trying to use the mail server (or maybe some apps like nextcloud might act strange when going to the apps section).