My Jellyfin server runs great for a while but then all of a sudden the show I am watching freezes and will not play.
Sometimes I am able to back out and wait for a second and it will show me under the continue button where I left off ex 17:33
Most times it will just not do anything at all and then I reboot my modem (Hitron on Teksavvy ISP) and then jellyfin comes back online and works fine for a bit
There are nights I have to reboot my modem 3-4 times to watch a show or movie. How do I fix this?
@nebulon Hello and thank you for your reply
My Jellyfin setup is as follows
- Mac Pro (1,1) 2006
- Intel Processor (1st Gen Intel MacPro)
- 4 gigs of Ram
- Nvida Graphics Card Ge???
- 2008 720p 17' Acer Monitor
- Current Linux Ubuntu (KDE Edition)
- 1x 500 GB HDD for OS, Jellyfin, Cloudron, Personal Backups from Other Computers and Jellyfin Backups
- 1x 350 GB for Movies
- 1x 4 TB for TV Shows
- 1x 4 TV for Movies, TV Shows, Music, Music Videos & Concerts
- 2x Ethernet Ports one of which is wired into the modem/router
Now, cloudron.io is a software that helps automate the jellyfin so that I can have it on a docker & domain *****.matthewdykstra.xyz.
I use cloudflare as my DNS & SSL so that it is at https:// and my home IP address is masked if you go to traceroute or ping ****.matthewdykstra.xyz
My modem/router is a Hitron with Teksavvy Cable Internet Service. My server can handle 4 users at a time.
All of the Media available to Jellyfin is converted with Handbrake for macOS Big Sur in H264 MP4. My music is always at 128 CD Quality MP3.
I hope this answers your question.
Thank you for your Time