Cloudron makes it easy to run web apps like WordPress, Nextcloud, GitLab on your server. Find out more or install now.

open-xchange - groupware

• Staff

• I just tried this out via a German email and cloud service called Mailbox and it's solid.

Address book and calendar configuration + sync are super quick and smooth; none of the address book formatting oddities or calendar glitches I've experienced in Nextcloud. File sync was equally fast and no fuss.

Web GUI has a bit of a corporate feel but it's clean with a good amount of white space.

The Mac and iOS apps work well but there's no Dropbox-like Smartsync "Local vs Online only" feature for the Mac. It has a form of selective sync but it wasn't behaving like I'm used to in Dropbox (turning off a folder still left the folder on my Mac? Maybe a bug).

Couldn't test 2FA without using my own domain.

All and all quite impressed.

• I quite like this as well.

• @christiaan said in open-xchange - groupware:

Couldn't test 2FA without using my own domain.

worked fine with mailbox.org, but there are some issues with shared calendars in the forum. That's why many customers left.

• @nebulon maybe groupoffice it can be a solution too; because as backend can be used IMAP / SMTP / Sieve and offers many of the open-xchange features; it is a PHP script therefore easy to dockerize.

• Namecheap email hosting offers OX and it's pretty decent TBH.

Of course there's an element of spoilt for choice research and deciding to do when there's many apps offering similar but freedom of choice isn't a bad thing if it's not too difficult to add.

Personally I think OX is better than the current Roundcube/RainLoop/SoGo options 😉

• Just tested out Nextcloud Mail app - definitely prefer Open Exchange to NC/RC/RL/SG.

Also prefer OX Drive/Docs to Nextcloud TBH, and no temptation for NC pluginitis causing support issues.

Well worth a revisit IMHO. 👍

• Personally I think OX is better than the current Roundcube/RainLoop/SoGo options 😉

Agreed, OX is much more feature rich and complete in my opinion.