Cloudron makes it easy to run web apps like WordPress, Nextcloud, GitLab on your server. Find out more or install now.


Skip to content
  • Categories
  • Recent
  • Tags
  • Popular
  • Bookmarks
  • Search
Skins
  • Light
  • Brite
  • Cerulean
  • Cosmo
  • Flatly
  • Journal
  • Litera
  • Lumen
  • Lux
  • Materia
  • Minty
  • Morph
  • Pulse
  • Sandstone
  • Simplex
  • Sketchy
  • Spacelab
  • United
  • Yeti
  • Zephyr
  • Dark
  • Cyborg
  • Darkly
  • Quartz
  • Slate
  • Solar
  • Superhero
  • Vapor

  • Default (No Skin)
  • No Skin
Collapse
Brand Logo

Cloudron Forum

Offical apps | Community apps | Demo | Docs | Install
andres.moyaA

andres.moya

@andres.moya
Unfollow Follow
About
Posts
22
Topics
9
Shares
0
Groups
0
Followers
0
Following
0

Posts

Recent Best Controversial

  • Failed to backup
    andres.moyaA andres.moya
    Support backups mongodb

    Good point. I checked the services and some of them are yellow (without error, but stalled in loading). I've restarted one app that uses mongodb and now the backup works. But it's very close to the memory limit. If this happens again, I'll increase the memory assigned.

    Thanks for pointing it out.


  • Cloudron as a SAML provider
    andres.moyaA andres.moya
    Feature Requests

    @murgero no, sorry. Only SAML.


  • Failed to backup
    andres.moyaA andres.moya
    Support backups mongodb

    My cloudron instance is failing to backup daily for some time.

    I got the message I copy below. When I backup manually the individual apps, they complete ok, so It seems that the failure is in the box itself (more concretely in the mongodb database).

    I haven't any clue of the cause, could you please help me? Thanks.

    May 28 23:27:57 box:services backupAddons: backing up ["localstorage","mongodb","ldap","sendmail","turn"]
    May 28 23:27:57 box:services Backing up mongodb
    May 28 23:28:57 box:taskworker Task took 1724.669 seconds
    May 28 23:28:57 box:tasks setCompleted - 8799: {"result":null,"error":{"stack":"BoxError: Could not pipe http://172.18.0.9:3000/databases/<uuid>/backup?access_token=<token> to /home/yellowtent/appsdata/<uuid>/mongodbdump: Request timedout\n at ClientRequest.<anonymous> (/home/yellowtent/box/src/services.js:1245:47)\n at ClientRequest.emit (node:events:390:28)\n at ClientRequest.emit (node:domain:475:12)\n at Socket.socketErrorListener (node:_http_client:447:9)\n at Socket.emit (node:events:390:28)\n at Socket.emit (node:domain:475:12)\n at emitErrorNT (node:internal/streams/destroy:157:8)\n at emitErrorCloseNT (node:internal/streams/destroy:122:3)\n at processTicksAndRejections (node:internal/process/task_queues:83:21)","name":"BoxError","reason":"Network Error","details":{},"message":"Could not pipe http://172.18.0.9:3000/databases/<uuid>/backup?access_token=<token> to /home/yellowtent/appsdata/<uuid>/mongodbdump: Request timedout"}}
    May 28 23:28:57 box:tasks update 8799: {"percent":100,"result":null,"error":{"stack":"BoxError: Could not pipe http://172.18.0.9:3000/databases/<uuid>/backup?access_token=<token> to /home/yellowtent/appsdata/<uuid>/mongodbdump: Request timedout\n at ClientRequest.<anonymous> (/home/yellowtent/box/src/services.js:1245:47)\n at ClientRequest.emit (node:events:390:28)\n at ClientRequest.emit (node:domain:475:12)\n at Socket.socketErrorListener (node:_http_client:447:9)\n at Socket.emit (node:events:390:28)\n at Socket.emit (node:domain:475:12)\n at emitErrorNT (node:internal/streams/destroy:157:8)\n at emitErrorCloseNT (node:internal/streams/destroy:122:3)\n at processTicksAndRejections (node:internal/process/task_queues:83:21)","name":"BoxError","reason":"Network Error","details":{},"message":"Could not pipe http://172.18.0.9:3000/databases/<uuid>/backup?access_token=<token> to /home/yellowtent/appsdata/<uuid>/mongodbdump: Request timedout"}}
    Could not pipe http://172.18.0.9:3000/databases/<uuid>/backup?access_token=<token> to /home/yellowtent/appsdata/<uuid>/mongodbdump: Request timedout
    at ClientRequest.<anonymous> (/home/yellowtent/box/src/services.js:1245:47)
    at ClientRequest.emit (node:events:390:28)
    at ClientRequest.emit (node:domain:475:12)
    at Socket.socketErrorListener (node:_http_client:447:9)
    at Socket.emit (node:events:390:28)
    at Socket.emit (node:domain:475:12)
    at emitErrorNT (node:internal/streams/destroy:157:8)
    at emitErrorCloseNT (node:internal/streams/destroy:122:3)
    at processTicksAndRejections (node:internal/process/task_queues:83:21)
    

  • Cloudron as a SAML provider
    andres.moyaA andres.moya
    Feature Requests

    I have an application that uses SAML for Single Sign On. I'd really like to use it to connect to my cloudron instance and allow our cloudron users to use it with their credentials.

    I've seen that I can use a service of the Kopano app to set up an OIDC provider in Cloudron. But my app doesn't support OIDC. Is there any similar trick for SAML?

    Thanks.


  • Reset password from nextcloud app
    andres.moyaA andres.moya
    Nextcloud

    @girish Thanks, it works now with ?passwordReset.

    For me the problem is solved. You are true, my nextcloud installation si some years old. Don't know why did you remove it, but yes, think that will be useful to talk about it in nextcloud app documentation.


  • Reset password from nextcloud app
    andres.moyaA andres.moya
    Nextcloud

    In my cloudron setup, at the login screen of the nextcloud app there is a "Forgot password" link. It would be useful for people that directly go to this app, without navigating first to the cloudron panel (a very common usage in my organization), and don't remember their Cloudron password.

    But currently this link navigates to https://my.site.org/api/v1/session/password/resetRequest.html, and this url does not exist and generates a 404 error.

    I have found that, in the file /app/code/config/config.php I can change the parameter lost_password_link to change the url to navigate to change password. I'd like to redirect to the reset password page of the Cloudron box, but I've found that this page has no url. If you go to https://my.site.org/login.html, there is a "Reset password" link, but it shows the form in the same page.

    Is there a way to navigate from outside the box directly to the reset password form? Thanks.


  • What is the easiest way to send emails to all users of a cloudron instance?
    andres.moyaA andres.moya
    Discuss

    @girish Thanks!


  • Cannot send mail from LAMP app
    andres.moyaA andres.moya
    LAMP

    Ok, finally I managed to solve my immediate problem in a different way. But it still be useful to be able to send emails from the PHP app. I cannot try this now, but I'll try again next time we need to do it.


  • What is the easiest way to send emails to all users of a cloudron instance?
    andres.moyaA andres.moya
    Discuss

    I need to be able to send (ocassionally) special announcements to all users of a cloudron instance. Not to the email that automatically is created in the instance domain, but the personal address they give when they register.

    Is there any easy way of doing this? Could I create a cloudron mailing list where all users are automatically added? Or could I install Mailtrain, for example, and syncronize the contacts in it with the instance user list?


  • Cannot send mail from LAMP app
    andres.moyaA andres.moya
    LAMP

    I'm trying to configure a php application installed into a LAMP app in cloudron, to send emails.

    I'm following instructions here and have typed the "cloudronmail" function as stated there. But it does not send any email. I have added traces to see the commands executed and the responses, and there are (i've edited out the personal information):

    helo <some identifier>
    > 220 my.example.com ESMTP Haraka/2.8.28 ready
    mail from: myapp.app@example.com
    > 250 my.example.com Hello <some identifier>.cloudron [172.18.16.4]Haraka is at your service.
    rcpt to: some.email@hotmail.com
    > 250 sender <myapp.app@example.com> OK
    data
    > 550 I cannot deliver mail for <some.email@hotmail.com>
    To: some.email@hotmail.com
    (...)
    > 503 RCPT required first
    quit
    > 500 Unrecognized command
    

    The address "some.email@hotmail.com" is a valid address of one of the cloudron users (although i think this should not be necessary).

    Do you have any clue? Don't understand why it "cannot deliver mail" for this address. Thanks.


  • Cannot do create_invite nor send_invite via API
    andres.moyaA andres.moya
    Support invite api

    @nebulon All clear now. Thanks very much.


  • Cannot do create_invite nor send_invite via API
    andres.moyaA andres.moya
    Support invite api

    @nebulon thanks! I've been able to do it now, with these routes.

    One question: I see that the send_invite_email has now a parameter to specify the email address to send the link. Is this mandatory? Or can I omit it, and have cloudron to use the primary email address of the user?


  • Cannot do create_invite nor send_invite via API
    andres.moyaA andres.moya
    Support invite api

    Hello. I've been using the API for some time to manage users in my Cloudron instance through a different application (our association members management app).

    But now I find that cannot use the "create_invite" and "send_invite" calls, to generate a link for the users to log in after creation (as explained here https://docs.cloudron.io/api.html#tag/Users/paths/~1users~1{userId}~1create_invite/post).

    The API call, even I use json format, replies with a html text like this:

    <!DOCTYPE html>
    <html lang="en">
    
    <head>
    	<meta charset="utf-8">
    	<title>Error</title>
    </head>
    
    <body>
    	<pre>Cannot POST /api/v1/users/uid-13f7fac9-131e-4452-93c3-6d7762615e8c/create_invite</pre>
    </body>
    
    </html>
    

    Sorry, no idea of what's happening here. This was working before, although I couldn't say when exactly it broke. I think the call we are making is correct.

    Any clue? Thanks.


  • Alternatives to LimeSurvey?
    andres.moyaA andres.moya
    Discuss

    If you are using Nextcloud, or don't mind installing it, you can try the Polls module:

    https://apps.nextcloud.com/apps/polls


  • Broken new user invitation email in Spanish
    andres.moyaA andres.moya
    Support spanish translations

    Thanks very much! I've tested it and now it works ok.

    Will you be able to run your tests multi language? 😁


  • Social login
    andres.moyaA andres.moya
    Feature Requests

    I still need cloudron login, because many people are using it now.

    I'm going to try to activate social login in nextcloud and rocket chat, and see if it merges the social token with the existing account. If so, the problem should be solved.


  • Broken new user invitation email in Spanish
    andres.moyaA andres.moya
    Support spanish translations

    Hello. I have a problem with the new user invitation email.

    I changed the UI language of my cloudron server to spanish, and now the invitation email is sent completely empty. If I change back to english, the email is ok. It seems that there is something broken in the spanish translation for the email templates.

    Looking at https://translate.cloudron.io/translate/cloudron/dashboard/es/?offset=1&q=welcomeEmail&sort_by=-priority%2Cposition&checksum= I see two keys (welcomeTo and subject) that contain a "@" character ("Bienvenid@ a Cloudron"). Perhaps this is confusing the template system and causing an error.

    I don't know how this work. Perhaps this character may be escaped, or else the string changed to "Bienvenido/a", that is also a standard spanish way of having a gender neutral expression (I'm native speaking spanish).

    Meanwhile, do you know any workaround we can use, until this is solved? Thanks.


  • Social login
    andres.moyaA andres.moya
    Feature Requests

    Hi. I have a question that is complicated, but would be very useful.

    I administer a Cludron setup for a volunteer association, and have a huge problem with passwords. As they don't use the services in a daily basis, but rather occasionally, people constantly keep forgetting their Cloudron password. And many stop using the services because they get tired of the process of getting the link to reset the password and choosing a new one each time they want to consult the nextcloud or comment something in the chat. So they revert to using whatsapp or gogle drive, and the association loses the track of all this data.

    I think it would be much better if they could login with their google, twitter or instagram accounts.

    I know that it's not simple, because of the single-sign-on mechanism used in Cloudron, via LDAP. But I wonder if there is any possibility.

    Currently, the most important apps we are using are Nextcloud, Rocket.chat and Wekan. I know at least the two first one have social login capability. Do you think I could set it up, and would it work with users synchronized with the Cloudron LDAP directory?

    Thanks


  • Cloudron API Key
    andres.moyaA andres.moya
    Feature Requests api

    @fbartels 😮 it's true! didn't see it 😅

    Perhaps it will be good to mention it in the API docs:
    https://docs.cloudron.io/api.html#tag/Cloudron

    Thanks very much for the help, anyway...


  • Cloudron API Key
    andres.moyaA andres.moya
    Feature Requests api

    To use the Cloudron API, currently you must give a token that is obtained vi a call to the login endpoint.

    This means that, if you want to make a script that calls this API in an automatic way, you must store somewhere the actual password of a real Cloudron user in plain text.

    I wish it were possible to create an application API Key from some place in the cloudron panel, and use it to authenticate calls, as it's done in many other similar APIs.

  • Login

  • Don't have an account? Register

  • Login or register to search.
  • First post
    Last post
0
  • Categories
  • Recent
  • Tags
  • Popular
  • Bookmarks
  • Search