Cloudron makes it easy to run web apps like WordPress, Nextcloud, GitLab on your server. Find out more or install now.

Skip to content

Paperless-ngx

52 Topics 394 Posts
  • Multi user permission support

1 Votes
    2 Posts
    nebulonN

Given that views.py would be part of the release code, it will reside in the read-only section of the app package and can't be edited on Cloudron. I guess we have to wait until upstream has merged this and made a new release with it. If you just want to test this, you could enable debug mode of the app https://docs.cloudron.io/packaging/cheat-sheet/#debugging which allows to temporarily change such files, however this is a bit more involved and will not be persistent.

• Sync Paperless with local machine, iPhone and Nextcloud

7 Votes
    5 Posts
    1k Views
    scookeS

Super helpful! Thank you!

• "run rules" on already imported docs

Solved
    0 Votes
    9 Posts
    ChristopherMagC

@girish I thought that you could run the command without first cd'ing into the src directory but when running it again today I found out that was incorrect.

I have edited my post above to first include cd src and then python3 manage.py document_retagger -T.

Could you please update the documentation as what I originally posted doesn't work for some reason, python throws an exception if you don't cd first?

• Documentation missing?

Solved
    2 Votes
    2 Posts
    nebulonN

Thanks for reporting this. The docs link in the manifest file was outdated due to the move to paperless-ngx. The link is https://docs.cloudron.io/apps/paperless-ngx/ and will be fixed with the next app release.

• New paperless-ngx doc upload status

1 Votes
    8 Posts
    girishG

@timconsidine ah, good job narrowing it down! maybe you can report it upstream with the problematic pdf.

• Paperless-NGx released - Community driven version of Paperless-NG

12 Votes
    14 Posts
    2k Views
    marcusquinnM

Very cool - time to play with this little gem I think.

• Export Documents and Config

Solved
    1 Votes
    2 Posts
    neurokrishN

This issue can be closed now. The document_exporter and document_importer commands are working well. I just had to define paths correctly in the container.

• Not uploading because of internal server error 500

Solved
    0 Votes
    8 Posts
    timconsidineT

@nebulon thank you

• paperless-ng on publicly accessible server

0 Votes
    5 Posts
    1k Views
    timconsidineT

@FeelNiceInc in terms of security vulnerability of the system, I trust in the open source community review and collaborative effort. Of course, there is always a risk. But I tend to trust open source solution more than a proprietary one.
    You could set up a small Cloudron box or docker box at home if this is a concern for you, and if you're remote from it, use VPN and IP black-list / white-list.

I use Bitarden (vaultwarden) and trust that. OK, data is encrypted there. I haven't checked about Paperless and encryption. Must go and do that out of interest.

EDIT : there used to be support for encryption https://paperless-ng.readthedocs.io/en/latest/administration.html#enabling-encryption. But it is deprecated and not advised for reasons explained.

• backup of pdf's in paperless-ng

0 Votes
    3 Posts
    neurokrishN

@doodlemania2 thank you for sharing your experience. Since I started to add all personal documents, I wanted to be sure that things will work as intended. Love Cloudron, it's amazing!

• Not uploading

Solved
    0 Votes
    18 Posts
    2k Views
    ultravioletU

@girish all good, thank you.

• Running management utilities (commands)

Solved
    0 Votes
    3 Posts
    neurokrishN

Sorry, had to run the command as python3. Mark this as resolved!