Cloudron makes it easy to run web apps like WordPress, Nextcloud, GitLab on your server. Find out more or install now.

ERPNext - cost-effective ERP solution

• Staff

ERPNext is a free and open-source integrated Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software developed by Frappé Technologies Pvt. Ltd. and is built on MariaDB database system using a Python based server-side framework.

There are a few packaged versions on Docker Hub already, so it should be just a matter of reading a dockerfile and massaging it into the standard Cloudron packaging format. :thinking:

• They have a official Docker Build but it seems not to be suitable for production as they quote:

These instructions will get you a copy of the project up and running on your local machine for development and testing purposes.
    Unfortunately, this container is not curently suited for a production environment (but we're working towards that goal!).

I would love to have ERPNext on Cloudron since EspoCRM just covers a couple use cases and Monica lacks crucial features like sync with CardDAV + it's development stagnates (mobile app, features they've been working on for ages).

• @subven that same link now says

The templates in this repository will help deploy Frappe/ERPNext docker in a production environment.

So perhaps time to look again @nebulon ? 😃

• @jdaviescoates My new thread was locked for being a dupe so here's another vote for ERPNext.

• Staff

@dcher I had looked into ERPNext 2-3 years ago. That project has come a long way! Looks so polished.

• Some handy stuff on the parent/sister site too: https://frappe.io/

• Demo link too, which for some odd reason isn't obvious how to get to with their on-site nav:

• @girish The feature set is crazy for something that can run on a $20/mo VPS. I manage a commercial/industrial services business out of California and have replaced our proprietary accounting, dispatching, CRM and project management software with ERPNext. All of that cost around $1,000/mo

Here's a list of modules available:

• Accounting
    • Asset management
    • Customer relationship management (CRM)
    • Human resource management (HRM)
    • Manufacturing
    • Point of sale (POS)
    • Project management
    • Purchasing
    • Sales management
    • Warehouse management system
    • Student Information system
    • Hospital Information system
    • Agriculture Management
    • Nonprofit Organization

• @dcher Having reviewed this software and data-structure many times, I concur - it's a solid framework.

The UI isn't as feature-rich as Odoo and it lacks the community plug-ins - but it has a RAD environment for customising any of the data-structures. The demo doesn't give you access to that but it is very well thought out.

To be fair, most users wouldn't have any issues on a €6/month Hetzner instance. Maybe push to €12/month with Cloudron and a bunch of other apps.

👍 from me

• Same question here - anything that we can do to help with this?