Pi Hole - network-wide ad blocking
necrevistonnezr last edited by necrevistonnezr
Especially interesting for on-premises Cloudrons
- Network-wide ad blocking via your own Linux hardware
- Block Over 100,000 Ad-serving Domains: Known ad-serving domains are pulled from third party sources and compiled into one list.
- Block Advertisements On Any Device: Network-level blocking you to block ads in non-traditional placed such as mobile apps and smart TVs, regardless of hardware or OS.
- Improve Overall Network Performance: Since ads are blocked before they are downloaded, your network will perform better.
- Reduce Cellular Data Usage: Pair your Pi-hole with a VPN for on-the-go ad-blocking and save on data costs.
- Monitor Performance And Statistics: The Web interface shows how many ads were blocked, a query log, and more.
- API: Utilize Pi-hole’s API in your scripting or programing projects.
Docker image: https://hub.docker.com/r/diginc/pi-hole/
Pi-Hole on Docker how-to: https://dxpetti.com/blog/2018/running-pi-hole-on-docker/ (part 1) and https://dxpetti.com/blog/2018/keeping-your-pi-hole-container-fresh-with-cron/ (part 2)
girish last edited by
Looks like this can be easily packaged as an app once we have UDP support in Cloudron. https://git.cloudron.io/cloudron/box/issues/504
uiharu last edited by
Should ideally provide an option to limit access to the local network only. I wonder if this would entail changes to
Hillside502 last edited by
For "Pi Hole" read "Pi-hole"