Cloudron makes it easy to run web apps like WordPress, Nextcloud, GitLab on your server. Find out more or install now.

What do you do?

• I am Head of the service desk in a software company in Germany and responsible for data protection issues. My roots lie in activities as system administrator and consultant for LAN / WAN topics.

Privately I am interested in IT topics and data economy also and try to free myself more and more from the data kraken.
    I am certified as CCNA, MCSA (Server and Desktop), SLCA, ACSP, ACTC, SLCA and plan to become more of an admin in the future again, towards Linux Graduate and Kubernetes. Especially regarding the new European program Gaia-X and the growing possibilities it offers, this seems to be future-proof.

• I'm the co-founder and CTO of a startup specialized in data encryption : https://seald.io if anyone's interested šŸ™‚

• I'm a software engineer and always loved web technologies. I got into self-hosted because Google Reader shut down (@girish isn't alone!). I felt pretty strongly about it and even wrote a blog post about how I got into it - featuring Cloudron of course. Now self hosting is a hobby on the side of my main work.

• I didn't realize we had such a group of badasses here. Glad to learn a little more about each of you.

• Iā€˜m a lawyer working in the field of i.a. data privacy law who is just very interested in tech and likes to run things at home. Also, the rules of our profession require us to not give data of our clients to any third party which rules the use out most US based web services.

• I am an IT Consultant and Web Developer.

• I'm a web developer for a startup and run my own little company on the side which offers programming and hosting for designers, agencies and other customers.

• I am in charge of publishing and communication for a centre of scientific, technical and industrial culture located in France.

• I start programming with a Commodore64 than manage network and system (BSD, Mac, Linux, Windows, Cisco, Juniper, ...) than went back to school and became certified Cloud+, Linux SysAdmin and Ethical Hacker and now I would like to pass to a next level (Teaching, Coaching, Empowering, ...) with OpenSource and CommonSense.

• Staff

Hi all. Next to @girish I am the other founder of Cloudron. Before that I was working at Nokia where I basically got into webtech as a developer. I used to be a C++/Qt developer after coming even from Gtk/XFCE back in the days.

I host my own things since some time around 2000, but prior to working on Cloudron never really got deeper into sysadmin topics, which also meant I couldn't really host everything I wanted and needed. That was a big driver for me to work on Cloudron, just to be able to run more things besides the LAMP stack scripts basically.