Cloudron makes it easy to run web apps like WordPress, Nextcloud, GitLab on your server. Find out more or install now.


Skip to content
  • Categories
  • Recent
  • Tags
  • Popular
  • Bookmarks
  • Search
Skins
  • Light
  • Brite
  • Cerulean
  • Cosmo
  • Flatly
  • Journal
  • Litera
  • Lumen
  • Lux
  • Materia
  • Minty
  • Morph
  • Pulse
  • Sandstone
  • Simplex
  • Sketchy
  • Spacelab
  • United
  • Yeti
  • Zephyr
  • Dark
  • Cyborg
  • Darkly
  • Quartz
  • Slate
  • Solar
  • Superhero
  • Vapor

  • Default (No Skin)
  • No Skin
Collapse
Brand Logo

Cloudron Forum

Offical apps | Community apps | Demo | Docs | Install
  1. Cloudron Forum
  2. Package development
  3. Regular App Packaging Event

Regular App Packaging Event

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Package development
89 Posts 21 Posters 90.0k Views 23 Watching
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • doodlemania2D doodlemania2

    doink - config.php isn't in the repo and it is wanting one - will try to drum one up

    doodlemania2D
    doodlemania2D
    doodlemania2
    App Dev
    wrote on last edited by
    #51

    @doodlemania2 Everyone okay with Jitsee Meet for this? I can use mine or we can use @girish 's on the main CR if that'd be more appropriate. Not sure if it supports recording though...
    hmmm - maybe I should use PeerTube's new live streaming...

    doodlemania2D 1 Reply Last reply
    2
    • doodlemania2D doodlemania2

      @doodlemania2 Everyone okay with Jitsee Meet for this? I can use mine or we can use @girish 's on the main CR if that'd be more appropriate. Not sure if it supports recording though...
      hmmm - maybe I should use PeerTube's new live streaming...

      doodlemania2D
      doodlemania2D
      doodlemania2
      App Dev
      wrote on last edited by
      #52

      @doodlemania2 If anyone is still interested, I'm game to doing another event. Maybe only loosely related to app packaging, maybe we do an educational series or something about how to use the CR.

      As an aside, you are all now welcome to use my BBB/Greenlight I have up and running!

      1 Reply Last reply
      7
      • robiR
        robiR
        robi
        wrote on last edited by
        #53

        Shall we continue with these?

        The more we do, the more progress we'll make on our fav App Wishlist and getting them to a stable state.

        Doing these in multiple regions also multiplies our progress.

        Frequency tech

        ? 1 Reply Last reply
        1
        • robiR robi

          Shall we continue with these?

          The more we do, the more progress we'll make on our fav App Wishlist and getting them to a stable state.

          Doing these in multiple regions also multiplies our progress.

          ?
          ?
          A Former User
          wrote on last edited by
          #54

          @robi I don't think I have the time or energy to plan or organize one but I will gladly join. Its just been a rough year...

          1 Reply Last reply
          3
          • scookeS
            scookeS
            scooke
            wrote on last edited by
            #55

            I can't believe I missed this thread originally. I'm up for participating somehow.

            I couldn't make out how the last one was actually hosted and recorded (the one by @doodlemania2 ) - did he use his, or someone else's BBB? Croodle? And where is the finished movie of the packaging, for reference?

            A life lived in fear is a life half-lived

            doodlemania2D 1 Reply Last reply
            2
            • scookeS scooke

              I can't believe I missed this thread originally. I'm up for participating somehow.

              I couldn't make out how the last one was actually hosted and recorded (the one by @doodlemania2 ) - did he use his, or someone else's BBB? Croodle? And where is the finished movie of the packaging, for reference?

              doodlemania2D
              doodlemania2D
              doodlemania2
              App Dev
              wrote on last edited by
              #56

              @scooke The first one we did on Peertube and I uploaded it to Cloudron's Peertube instance. Interactivity was via Matrix. The second one we did was done on BBB (someone loaned us a code). Now that I have a BBB for anyone to use, welcome to host you all any time. You can also use my BBB for your Greenlight app (as long as you don't crater it)

              1 Reply Last reply
              1
              • robiR
                robiR
                robi
                wrote on last edited by
                #57

                Shall we circle back to this and do more?

                Frequency tech

                timconsidineT 1 Reply Last reply
                1
                • robiR robi

                  Shall we circle back to this and do more?

                  timconsidineT
                  timconsidineT
                  timconsidine
                  App Dev
                  wrote on last edited by
                  #58

                  @robi Missed the original discussions, but great idea and would like to watch, in order to learn. Look forward to a next date.

                  Indie app dev, scratching my itches : communityapps.appx.uk, portfolio at myca.appx.uk

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  1
                  • luckowL
                    luckowL
                    luckow
                    translator
                    wrote on last edited by
                    #59

                    yes please. and we should bring @jsuto into the loop to have #piler in the app store πŸ™‚

                    Pronouns: he/him | Primary language: German

                    1 Reply Last reply
                    1
                    • robiR
                      robiR
                      robi
                      wrote on last edited by
                      #60

                      Shall we resume these events?

                      Frequency tech

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      4
                      • robiR
                        robiR
                        robi
                        wrote on last edited by
                        #61

                        Feels like it's time for more of these events!

                        Who's in?

                        Frequency tech

                        timconsidineT scookeS 2 Replies Last reply
                        1
                        • robiR robi

                          Feels like it's time for more of these events!

                          Who's in?

                          timconsidineT
                          timconsidineT
                          timconsidine
                          App Dev
                          wrote on last edited by
                          #62

                          @robi said in Regular App Packaging Event:

                          Who's in?

                          πŸ– me

                          Indie app dev, scratching my itches : communityapps.appx.uk, portfolio at myca.appx.uk

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          1
                          • robiR robi

                            Feels like it's time for more of these events!

                            Who's in?

                            scookeS
                            scookeS
                            scooke
                            wrote on last edited by
                            #63

                            @robi How do we choose an app?

                            A life lived in fear is a life half-lived

                            robiR BrutalBirdieB 2 Replies Last reply
                            0
                            • scookeS scooke

                              @robi How do we choose an app?

                              robiR
                              robiR
                              robi
                              wrote on last edited by
                              #64

                              @scooke However you like!

                              If it's an in-person meetup or online, there is a host who is organizing and setting up the event, maybe recording it, etc.

                              They can choose an app they want for the event or another person like an app dev can choose one.

                              Or you make a deal with both to separate duties, while you try the packaging yourself with guidance from others. Fun!

                              The idea is to choose one we haven't done before, perhaps in a different language than before, so we cover more of the spectrum.

                              Just choose one, any one in the App Requests will do and move things forward. 😸

                              Frequency tech

                              1 Reply Last reply
                              1
                              • scookeS scooke

                                @robi How do we choose an app?

                                BrutalBirdieB
                                BrutalBirdieB
                                BrutalBirdie
                                Partner
                                wrote on last edited by
                                #65

                                @scooke I vote for Zabbix πŸ˜‰ totally not because I had no time to finish my development of the app.
                                https://git.cloudron.io/BrutalBirdie/zabbix-app

                                Also Zabbix is just awesome πŸ˜› and I would start sharing my Cloudron Templates for Zabbix Monitoring via API.
                                So everyone could monitor their own Cloudron . . . until it goes offline and then takes Zabbix with it πŸ˜„

                                Like my work? Consider donating a drink. Cheers!

                                robiR 1 Reply Last reply
                                1
                                • BrutalBirdieB BrutalBirdie

                                  @scooke I vote for Zabbix πŸ˜‰ totally not because I had no time to finish my development of the app.
                                  https://git.cloudron.io/BrutalBirdie/zabbix-app

                                  Also Zabbix is just awesome πŸ˜› and I would start sharing my Cloudron Templates for Zabbix Monitoring via API.
                                  So everyone could monitor their own Cloudron . . . until it goes offline and then takes Zabbix with it πŸ˜„

                                  robiR
                                  robiR
                                  robi
                                  wrote on last edited by
                                  #66

                                  @BrutalBirdie said in Regular App Packaging Event:

                                  So everyone could monitor their own Cloudron . . . until it goes offline and then takes Zabbix with it

                                  Nice, we can do better, monitoring ours and each others for a few key services to avoid being notificationless πŸ˜‰

                                  Frequency tech

                                  fbartelsF 1 Reply Last reply
                                  0
                                  • robiR robi

                                    @BrutalBirdie said in Regular App Packaging Event:

                                    So everyone could monitor their own Cloudron . . . until it goes offline and then takes Zabbix with it

                                    Nice, we can do better, monitoring ours and each others for a few key services to avoid being notificationless πŸ˜‰

                                    fbartelsF
                                    fbartelsF
                                    fbartels
                                    App Dev
                                    wrote on last edited by
                                    #67

                                    I would be up for such a session as well, but currently I don’t have an app that I would like to package for myself.

                                    PS: you guys only have a single cloudron? 😨 But even then I’m running my base monitoring on fly.io.

                                    robiR 1 Reply Last reply
                                    0
                                    • fbartelsF fbartels

                                      I would be up for such a session as well, but currently I don’t have an app that I would like to package for myself.

                                      PS: you guys only have a single cloudron? 😨 But even then I’m running my base monitoring on fly.io.

                                      robiR
                                      robiR
                                      robi
                                      wrote on last edited by
                                      #68

                                      @fbartels How about one or more of the Wireguard Apps?

                                      That's another good topic, show and tell on how you do 3rd party monitoring with flies, haha. πŸ˜† bzzzz

                                      Frequency tech

                                      fbartelsF necrevistonnezrN 2 Replies Last reply
                                      1
                                      • robiR robi

                                        @fbartels How about one or more of the Wireguard Apps?

                                        That's another good topic, show and tell on how you do 3rd party monitoring with flies, haha. πŸ˜† bzzzz

                                        fbartelsF
                                        fbartelsF
                                        fbartels
                                        App Dev
                                        wrote on last edited by
                                        #69

                                        @robi regarding fly.io: https://forum.cloudron.io/topic/7100/free-off-site-monitoring-with-fly-io-and-uptime-kuma/ or with a few more details at https://noted.lol/easy-off-site-monitoring-with-fly-io-and-uptime-kuma/

                                        robiR 1 Reply Last reply
                                        2
                                        • fbartelsF fbartels

                                          @robi regarding fly.io: https://forum.cloudron.io/topic/7100/free-off-site-monitoring-with-fly-io-and-uptime-kuma/ or with a few more details at https://noted.lol/easy-off-site-monitoring-with-fly-io-and-uptime-kuma/

                                          robiR
                                          robiR
                                          robi
                                          wrote on last edited by
                                          #70

                                          @fbartels Thanks for the reminder!

                                          Frequency tech

                                          1 Reply Last reply
                                          0

                                          Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                          Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                          With your input, this post could be even better πŸ’—

                                          Register Login
                                          Reply
                                          • Reply as topic
                                          Log in to reply
                                          • Oldest to Newest
                                          • Newest to Oldest
                                          • Most Votes


                                          • Login

                                          • Don't have an account? Register

                                          • Login or register to search.
                                          • First post
                                            Last post
                                          0
                                          • Categories
                                          • Recent
                                          • Tags
                                          • Popular
                                          • Bookmarks
                                          • Search