SOLVED Updating to 0.3.0
I just tried updating my 0.2.0 version of n8n to 0.3.0 and realized that it actually wiped all of my workflows and credentials that were on my previous version. Though, to be fair, Firefox is now working! Either way, not ideal for people who are updating and not starting from scratch. Should I go ahead and copy things over? Or is this something that can be dug into?
@thetomester13 this is due to a previous error.
in version 0.2.0 the config file got never loaded this way the postgresdb got never used and instead a sqlite db got created and used.
Could you check your
/app/data/.n8n/folder? There should be a sqlite database inside that.
And if so there might be a solution to that.
I found this topic from the N8N community that describes how to migrate sqlite to postgres, maybe that helps.
Just adding to this thread, that this is likely to happen for apps which are marked as unstable in the app listing.
So please do not rely on them, unstable apps are published purely for testing purpose.
@brutalbirdie that did the trick! Thanks for the prompt and detailed response. Looks like I'm still up and running with my previous credentials and workflows.
@nebulon absolutely, I realize this is an unstable app and these things do happen from time to time. Was just hoping to warn others and see if there was a community-based solution (which there was!). However, it does seem like this app is getting more and more stable!