Email not working (sending)
I'm new in cloudron and was able to install and run a couple of apps. I have an issue with the email right now, Outbound SMTP (Relay) status is checked and green but when I try to test and send a test email, I am not getting anything.
Here are the details-
- DNS is manual (domain is hosted in wix).
- Email - Outbound relay is external SMTP server (zoho).
- Mail server location is my.domain.com
- What I see on the logs - Delivery failure, will retry in 65536s.. Tried all MXs
- SMTP status is green and checked.
- check firewall and port 465 is not blocked.
I am not sure what I did wrong, I followed everything on the docs but still can't make it work. Hope someone can help.
@fescalona where are you sending the email to? If it’s Gmail or Outlook for example they tend to be really hard to get emails into early on, and you’ll generally need to “warm up” your IP address and ensure that absolutely everything is set perfectly. Generally only time will make it work, it’s a real pain in the ass to make it work to those big email providers most of the time, but once you’re in then it’s great.
check firewall and port 465 is not blocked.
Did you check this because the relay is using port 465? If so, use port 587 of the relay instead. This is because we only support STARTTLS in the relay and not TLS.
Ideally, our relay verification logic should catch this setup error...