Cloudron makes it easy to run web apps like WordPress, Nextcloud, GitLab on your server. Find out more or install now.


Skip to content
  • Categories
  • Recent
  • Tags
  • Popular
  • Bookmarks
  • Search
Skins
  • Light
  • Brite
  • Cerulean
  • Cosmo
  • Flatly
  • Journal
  • Litera
  • Lumen
  • Lux
  • Materia
  • Minty
  • Morph
  • Pulse
  • Sandstone
  • Simplex
  • Sketchy
  • Spacelab
  • United
  • Yeti
  • Zephyr
  • Dark
  • Cyborg
  • Darkly
  • Quartz
  • Slate
  • Solar
  • Superhero
  • Vapor

  • Default (No Skin)
  • No Skin
Collapse
Brand Logo

Cloudron Forum

Offical apps | Community apps | Demo | Docs | Install
A

abargel

@abargel
Unfollow Follow
About
Posts
87
Topics
17
Shares
0
Groups
0
Followers
0
Following
1

Posts

Recent Best Controversial

  • PicoCMS
    A abargel
    App Wishlist

    @LoudLemur Thank you for the support. I've been using Cloudron for about 6 months now, and am starting to figure out (some simple) custom apps. This one seems like it would be easy to package properly, doesn't it?

    I've also had some success with Leantime and Tiddlywiki, if anyone is interested.


  • PicoCMS
    A abargel
    App Wishlist

    @robi After decompressing the file in my public folder, if I just restart the app (which I should probably have included in my list, anyway), it remains stuck on the starting process and the logs say:
    Screenshot_20221217_070327.png
    Which I had read about on the Github page.

    Downgrading PHP to 7.4 is an easy fix. One can also use the "alpha" release that they mention, I suppose (haven't tried). Which package were you using?


  • PicoCMS
    A abargel
    App Wishlist

    @humptydumpty Yes, that is also an option. I preferred to keep it standalone and "stupidly simple".


  • PicoCMS
    A abargel
    App Wishlist

    @nebulon Easy:

    • install LAMP app.
    • upload a prebundled package into the "public" folder.
    • decompress it.
    • set the PHP version to 7.4

    Done. In case anyone searches for info here like I did...


  • What's coming in 7.3
    A abargel
    Announcements

    @girish Great, thanks! I suspected so, but will be happy to get rid of the pesky notification!


  • What's coming in 7.3
    A abargel
    Announcements

    @abargel said in What's coming in 7.3:

    @girish I get a "Email not configured properly" notification, saying the PTR record is not found, but then, when I check the DNS settings, all is fine. This has happened a few times since the upgrade. That's all I've noticed on my end.

    I don't know if anyone sees the same thing, I keep getting this "Email not configured properly" notification, almost every day, since upgrading to 7.3. Email configuration seems fine once I go check it out, and email has been working as usual, it's just that the notification keeps popping up... Has anyone noticed the same?


  • Publii Static CMS
    A abargel
    App Wishlist

    @timconsidine I think that you have to set up access in Surfer Admin settings, also.


  • Publii Static CMS
    A abargel
    App Wishlist

    @timconsidine public/ 🙂


  • Publii Static CMS
    A abargel
    App Wishlist

    @abargel No need for LAMP indeed


  • Publii Static CMS
    A abargel
    App Wishlist

    @micmc Well, having found the old wishlist post while looking for Cloudron based options to host the files, I was just confirming that the last suggested option works 😉


  • Publii Static CMS
    A abargel
    App Wishlist

    @timconsidine Precisely. I installed Publii on my PC, from local GUI I can create pages and such (including while offline), then when ready I sync/push to Surfer (or many other server options, but Surfer is super easy for a Cloudron user) and it's live. https://getpublii.com/


  • Publii Static CMS
    A abargel
    App Wishlist

    This works great and quite easily with Surfer and SFTP access. Very nice and simple website building app for non programmers.


  • What's coming in 7.3
    A abargel
    Announcements

    @girish I get a "Email not configured properly" notification, saying the PTR record is not found, but then, when I check the DNS settings, all is fine. This has happened a few times since the upgrade. That's all I've noticed on my end.


  • Admin plugin update
    A abargel
    Grav CMS

    @girish Thank you!


  • What's coming in 7.3
    A abargel
    Announcements

    Congratulations!


  • Admin plugin update
    A abargel
    Grav CMS

    Quick question: since the admin plugin is meant to be part of the package (as read in the docs), do I update it manually or is it updated with the package?


  • User authentication and LDAP
    A abargel
    Discuss

    @jdaviescoates

    1. customer signs up for an account (on Nextcloud) to collect a free product.
    2. to buy more, customer is asked to log into their account, but that page is actually a Wordpress registration form looking like a log in form. Customer enters the same credentials, so both accounts will correspond (and both sites are under one brand/visual identity).
    3. when coming back to their account page (on Wordpress) for future purchases and such, customer will use a similar looking log in form, that is actually a log in form.

    Of course:

    • the camouflaged registration form needs to be used only the first time. I can arrange that through the onboarding flow.
    • I still need purchases on Wordpress to be reflected for the corresponding user on Nextcloud. I'll start manually (again, tiny operation), then I think I can automate that through the APIs on n8n, like Stripe to Nextcloud. Just need to learn more about how that works...

  • User authentication and LDAP
    A abargel
    Discuss

    @subven Thanks! Setting up my own LDAP was part of my research yesterday, but wasn't as easy as it sounds (for me, anyway!)


  • User authentication and LDAP
    A abargel
    Discuss

    @plusone-nick Thank you for your response and kind offer to help. I think I figured it out, by reshuffling my user flow. It seems silly, but after racking my brains on all the technical solutions last night, I woke up this morning with a simple idea to avoid the problem altogether... I still would love to understand the technical aspects beneath all this, yet that may take more time.

    On a side note, I would love to see your app integrated into Cloudron, as has been discussed separately. With some customization, it would allow an easy set up for multi-apps projects like this one.

    Thanks again!


  • User authentication and LDAP
    A abargel
    Discuss

    @nebulon Well, both apps do support LDAP in the Cloudron package, but I do need users to sign up within one of the apps. If those credentials could somehow make their way up to my Cloudron, then the LDAP integration would take care of the second app. Does that make any sense?

    To be more explicit, one is a Wordpress site with an ecommerce plugin where users create an account as they make a purchase, and the other a Nextcloud instance where they need to sign in to collect their purchase.

    So they should be able to sign in with the same credentials, and I can't quite ask them to also sign up for a Cloudron account to LDAP them into both apps, as it should not be confusing or complex for them.

    In theory, it should be easy to use either Wordpress or Nextcloud as OAuth source for the other, but in practice I am struggling (and can't afford expensive Wordpress plugins that promise to do it better, as this is a tiny operation), hence looking for some type of workaround...

  • Login

  • Don't have an account? Register

  • Login or register to search.
  • First post
    Last post
0
  • Categories
  • Recent
  • Tags
  • Popular
  • Bookmarks
  • Search