Cloudron makes it easy to run web apps like WordPress, Nextcloud, GitLab on your server. Find out more or install now.


Skip to content
  • Categories
  • Recent
  • Tags
  • Popular
  • Bookmarks
  • Search
Skins
  • Light
  • Brite
  • Cerulean
  • Cosmo
  • Flatly
  • Journal
  • Litera
  • Lumen
  • Lux
  • Materia
  • Minty
  • Morph
  • Pulse
  • Sandstone
  • Simplex
  • Sketchy
  • Spacelab
  • United
  • Yeti
  • Zephyr
  • Dark
  • Cyborg
  • Darkly
  • Quartz
  • Slate
  • Solar
  • Superhero
  • Vapor

  • Default (No Skin)
  • No Skin
Collapse
Brand Logo

Cloudron Forum

Offical apps | Community apps | Demo | Docs | Install
B

bwag

@bwag
Unfollow Follow
About
Posts
32
Topics
6
Shares
0
Groups
0
Followers
0
Following
0

Posts

Recent Best Controversial

  • Restricting guest access
    B bwag
    CryptPad

    Thank you! FWIW, my issue was caused by using ssh to navigate the app's data directory on my server, when I needed to be using the Web Terminal.

    I added all three of these lines:

    AppConfig.registeredOnlyTypes = AppConfig.availablePadTypes;
    AppConfig.disableAnonymousPadCreation = true;
    AppConfig.disableAnonymousStore = true;
    

  • Restricting guest access
    B bwag
    CryptPad

    I am trying to restrict guest access with Cloudron 10.0.4 and Cryptpad 2026.5.1. I cannot follow the Cryptpad instructions from @girish 's link above because they refer to the files customize.dist/application_config.js and www/common/application_config_internal.js but neither of these seem to exist, nor their directories:

    $ ls app/
    blob  block  config.js  customize  data  datastore  sso.js
    $ cd app/ && find . -name "*application_config*"
    <no output>
    

    Can anyone help me here?


  • CUDA not permitted
    B bwag
    Jellyfin

    Ok, thanks. Looks like I'll just run Jellyfin in docker and use Cloudron's app proxy instead.


  • CUDA not permitted
    B bwag
    Jellyfin

    Does Cloudron now support NVIDIA GPUs for jellyfin? The topic is marked as solved, but the documentation page still says that it's not supported.

    I just added a Quadro P400 but have not been able to get Jellyfin to use it so far. I am wondering if I am missing some configuration steps, or if it's just not supported.


  • External links: now mangles http URLs by prepending https
    B bwag
    Support app link dashboard

    Awesome, thank you!


  • External links: now mangles http URLs by prepending https
    B bwag
    Support app link dashboard

    Description

    Since a recent Cloudron update (9.0?), an External Link of the form http://... will, when clicked, attempt to open https://http//...

    Steps to reproduce

    Create a new External Link. (Confused since 9.0? Me too: see here.) For "External URL", put http://192.168.0.2:8000. For "Name", put Test.

    Go back to the Dashboard and click the app for Test.

    Expected (and prior to a recent update): opens http://192.168.0.2:8000 in a browser tab.

    Actual behavior (bug): opens https://http//192.168.0.2:8000 in a browser tab.

    Cloudron Version

    Cloudron version: 9.0.15

    Ubuntu Version

    Ubuntu 22.04.4 LTS Linux 6.8.0-87-generic

    Other information

    As you see from the example, I'm using external links for a number of computers and services on my home network, which is why I'm using http instead of https.


  • OpenID login page blank on Firefox
    B bwag
    Support firefox openid oidc

    Disabled all my extensions. But when I download a fresh version of Firefox (136.0.2), I don't reproduce the issue. So it must be me...


  • OpenID login page blank on Firefox
    B bwag
    Support firefox openid oidc

    I have two different cloudrons. New this morning, trying to login to apps on either one is giving me a totally blank page on Linux Mint 21.2, Firefox 133.0.3.

    After clearing all cookies and browser settings, when I go to my Cloudron homepage at my.example.com, I get redirected to a page of the form https://my.example.com/openid/interaction/<randomcode>, which appears totally blank.

    Getting out chromium, the page still works there.


  • Renew certificates - failing on DNS for domain name
    B bwag
    Support dns certificates

    Yeah, this was resolved by turning off Adguard and resetting unbound to its default settings. Sorry for the hassle.

    By the way, the main reason for the DNS changes was for accessing domain.tld from inside my own home network.


  • Renew certificates - failing on DNS for domain name
    B bwag
    Support dns certificates
    $ host -t NS domain.tld
    domain.tld name server ns5.linode.com.
    domain.tld name server ns1.linode.com.
    domain.tld name server ns3.linode.com.
    domain.tld name server ns4.linode.com.
    domain.tld name server ns2.linode.com.
    
    $ host -t NS domain.tld 127.0.0.150
    Using domain server:
    Name: 127.0.0.150
    Address: 127.0.0.150#53
    Aliases: 
    
    domain.tld has no NS record
    

  • Renew certificates - failing on DNS for domain name
    B bwag
    Support dns certificates

    Oh, I see the question. Yes, I guess what happened is that I added Adguard and started using it for DNS.


  • Renew certificates - failing on DNS for domain name
    B bwag
    Support dns certificates

    Sorry, from your reply, it may have sounded like I am literally using example.com. To clarify, I had replaced my domain with example.com above. I am using a domain that I own and have nameservers configured for. I'll edit to try to make this more clear.


  • Renew certificates - failing on DNS for domain name
    B bwag
    Support dns certificates

    Hi, I didn't see anyone else with this error when I searched. I own a domain that we'll call domain.tld for this post. I have Cloudron installed at my home (residential) server at "my.domain.tld". My services run on subdomains such as "subdomain.domain.tld", etc. Cloudron is configured to dynamically update DNS through my provider, Linode.

    **The problem:**Letsencrypt certificate renewal is hanging:

    Nov 10 01:55:12 box:dns/waitfordns Attempt 190 failed. Will retry: queryNs ENODATA domain.tld
    Nov 10 01:55:32 box:dns/waitfordns Attempt 191 failed. Will retry: queryNs ENODATA domain.tld
    Nov 10 01:55:52 box:dns/waitfordns Attempt 192 failed. Will retry: queryNs ENODATA domain.tld
    Nov 10 01:56:12 box:dns/waitfordns Attempt 193 failed. Will retry: queryNs ENODATA domain.tld
    Nov 10 01:56:32 box:dns/waitfordns Attempt 194 failed. Will retry: queryNs ENODATA domain.tld
    Nov 10 01:56:52 box:dns/waitfordns Attempt 195 failed. Will retry: queryNs ENODATA domain.tld
    Nov 10 01:57:12 box:dns/waitfordns Attempt 196 failed. Will retry: queryNs ENODATA domain.tld
    Nov 10 01:57:32 box:dns/waitfordns Attempt 197 failed. Will retry: queryNs ENODATA domain.tld
    Nov 10 01:57:52 box:dns/waitfordns Attempt 198 failed. Will retry: queryNs ENODATA domain.tld
    Nov 10 01:58:12 box:dns/waitfordns Attempt 199 failed. Will retry: queryNs ENODATA domain.tld
    Nov 10 01:58:32 box:reverseproxy ensureCertificate: error: queryNs ENODATA domain.tld
    
    

    This error makes sense because I don't have "domain.tld" configured with the nameserver to point anywhere. I only have configured DNS for "my.domain.tld", "subdomain.domain.tld", etc.

    But this has never been a problem before. Can anyone help me with how should I fix it?


  • Library scan failing
    B bwag
    Audiobookshelf

    Wow, thanks, that was fast! I'm not seeing the error any more.


  • Zulip - Powerful open source group chat
    B bwag
    App Wishlist

    We're using Zulip and it's incredible. The organization of channels into sub-topics is perfect. The LaTeX integration is also huge for us. It has some nice quality of life features and just generally works really well for us. Cloudron integration would be great.


  • Library scan failing
    B bwag
    Audiobookshelf

    I am running into the same error message mentioned here: https://github.com/advplyr/audiobookshelf/issues/2854

    When I scan a library, the log gives:

    FATAL

    [Server] Unhandled rejection: ReferenceError: structuredClone is not defined, promise: Promise { <rejected> ReferenceError: structuredClone is not defined at LibraryItemScanData.checkLibraryItemData (/app/code/server/scanner/LibraryItemScanData.js:241:41) at LibraryScanner.scanLibrary (/app/code/server/scanner/LibraryScanner.js:188:60) at async LibraryScanner.scan (/app/code/server/scanner/LibraryScanner.js:82:22) }


  • (Question) How can I stop Cloudron from starting automatically?
    B bwag
    Support ubuntu encryption

    Edit: fixed. I found docker.service inside /etc/systemd/system/multi-user.target.wants/

    I didn't get this to happen: "Then, systemctl start my-disk-mounter would automatically start docker and box." But that's ok. I run a manual startup script that prompts for the encryption password, mounts the disk, then starts all the systemd services. Instead of my-disk-mounter.service, I have check-that-all-disks-are-properly-mounted.service which is Required by box and docker. Thanks again.


  • (Question) How can I stop Cloudron from starting automatically?
    B bwag
    Support ubuntu encryption

    Thank you, @girish !


  • (Question) How can I stop Cloudron from starting automatically?
    B bwag
    Support ubuntu encryption

    I had the same question and a very similar motivation. In my case, the boot disk is not encrypted, but an external disk where I store some of the apps' data, like my photos, is encrypted. (By the way, one nice benefit of encrypting a disk is that when it fails, you can just get rid of it without as much worry that personal information can be recovered.)

    In my experience, the apps don't handle it gracefully when the server boots first and the external drive is mounted second. I have to manually go through and restart each app after that.

    It sounds like a good solution is to set box.service to not start automatically, and to start it manually once I decrypt and mount the external drive?


  • git clone ssh ask for password
    B bwag
    Gitea gitea ssh

    Well, I uninstalled and reinstalled the gitea app and I don't reproduce the issue -- cloning now works. Sorry if I've wasted anyone's time. If it happens again, I'll try to diagnose why and report back.

  • Login

  • Don't have an account? Register

  • Login or register to search.
  • First post
    Last post
0
  • Categories
  • Recent
  • Tags
  • Popular
  • Bookmarks
  • Search