Cloudron makes it easy to run web apps like WordPress, Nextcloud, GitLab on your server. Find out more or install now.

Skip to content

Docker Registry

17 Topics 182 Posts
  • Docker Registry - Package Updates

Pinned
    2 Votes
    41 Posts
    girishG

[1.11.4]

Update docker registry UI to 2.5.7 Full changelog should notify new version only once a day even when an error occurs (#353) (6c3c27e)
  • 0 Votes
    4 Posts
    girishG

yeah, as @fbartels said, the app is hosted behind a proxy auth. The whole thing is either protected or not. It's not possible to have public pulls with private pushes.

• Example app that is using the docker addon

1 Votes
    9 Posts
    G

@girish

thanks, now i'm in

• UI not working

Solved
    0 Votes
    6 Posts
    girishG

@shrey I think without auth the app is buggy/hard to configure. I will look into this.

• 0 Votes
    3 Posts
    M

Exactly that was the article I was referring too. Beside oft my findings it worked for my installation like a charm.

• Docker Registry: Buggy Behaviour for fresh install

Solved
    2 Votes
    7 Posts
    girishG

@philkunz might be worth reporting upstream at https://github.com/Joxit/docker-registry-ui/issues/

• Customize Themes of Docker Registry UI

Solved
    2 Votes
    3 Posts
    arshsahzadA

Hi @girish, Thanks for the quick fix, It's working as expected

• 0 Votes
    9 Posts
    TomsFreitasT

@girish Thank you once again

• Use Docker Registry with Portainer

0 Votes
    1 Posts
    No one has replied
  • No delete option for repo or tag ??

Solved
    1 Votes
    12 Posts
    girishG

Pushed an update for this. To keep it simple, I just enabled it depending on the delete config for the registry itself (where it is enabled by default).

• How do I do this??

0 Votes
    26 Posts
    BrutalBirdieB

@scooke

But about the original clone and build directory? Do I leave it, taking up space? Do I need it still?

You can delete it.
    Buy if @nj decides to release an update you will have to clone it again, and build the update.

@BrutalBirdie Sure, I see that now. It was one of many assumed pieces of knowledge that I come across while trying to learn this stuff. It's assumed I will realize this is your server. One thing that definitely helped me misunderstand is the cloudron.dev bit... I initially thought that, ok, this is coming from cloudron somehow. Anyway, one hurdle hurdled. One good lesson learned. One detail I will be sure to highlight when I'm helping someone out.

Hmmmm I was thinking if I should do the example with placeholders so its more clear.
    Next time placeholders will be used again to highlight the user needs to replace this part themself.

The second assumption was that I would know that the actual proper target

There is no 'proper' --target its your own decision how to name the target, I go with the id from the CloudronManifest.json.

like yours! (:0.0.1) or the BBB one (:1.0.20)

Because, again its your choice how the image is tagged.

cloudron build --help Usage: cloudron build [options] Build an app Options: --build-arg <namevalue> Build arg passed to docker. Can be used multiple times (default: []) --build-service-token <token> Build service token -f, --file <dockerfile> Name of the Dockerfile --set-repository [repository url] Change the repository --set-build-service [buildservice url] Set build service app URL --local Build docker images locally --no-cache Do not use cache --no-push Do not push built image to registry --raw Raw output build log --tag <docker image tag> Docker image tag. Note that this does not include the repository name -h, --help display help for command

The --tag option lets you chose a tag instead of the cryptic hash.

• 3 Votes
    19 Posts
    1k Views
    O

@girish Thanks -- you summed up the bug I noticed, and I'll be sure to try the Location-save workaround if I run into any nginx issues in the future.

• 2 Votes
    3 Posts
    girishG

@msbt thanks for reporting, fixed in the new package.

• How to authenticate in gitlab pipline?

Solved
    0 Votes
    22 Posts
    1k Views
    calenoC

@caleno said in How to authenticate in gitlab pipline?:

@klawitterb

I have token auth activated or at least configured and I can still log inn with Cloudron username and password + 2fa.

I'd like the token auth to work via Gitlab and maybe the case above points to a configuration issue.

I have to investigate further.

BTW. Maybe it is just working for the UI.

• registry auth attempt fails

Solved
    0 Votes
    7 Posts
    BrutalBirdieB

@nebulon sure in this case 😉
    But if someone read this topic further down the road how to apply a patch this could help him.

• Getting 413 error when pushing image to docker registry

Solved
    0 Votes
    7 Posts
    3k Views
    E

Refreshing the UX a couple of times, got me an available 1.0.0 update. Looks like some weird bug. In any case, I'll make sure my package version is 1.0.0 and check again.

Update: This is working now. Tested with a few large images. Thanks!

• Not visible in App Store?

Solved
    2 Votes
    3 Posts
    subvenS

Thank you very much @girish! 🙂 I hope this motivates me enough to to take some time and start packing apps for cloudron