Cloudron makes it easy to run web apps like WordPress, Nextcloud, GitLab on your server. Find out more or install now.

Skip to content

SnappyMail

26 Topics 263 Posts
  • SnappyMail - Package Updates

Pinned
    1 Votes
    90 Posts
    4k Views
    nebulonN

[1.22.1]

Update SnappyMail to 2.35.3 Full changelog
  • 2 Votes
    12 Posts
    fbartelsF

@luckow s/mime has been broken so many times, I don't think total privacy can be expected anyways 😅

• 0 Votes
    13 Posts
    girishG

@LoudLemur yeah, there is no way around user not knowing about Cloudron dashboard to change the email password. The alternative is to create a web app which does this and uses Cloudron API (which is out of scope for us). Unless Cloudron develops it's own webmail ui , this is hard to solve (for the reasons you pointed out).

• DNS propagation

Solved
    0 Votes
    7 Posts
    L

Resolved, it was an incorrectly entered IP address on the OVH side, and they have corrected the error. Thank you all for your contributions.

• Snappymail 2.30.0 is out

3 Votes
    5 Posts
    girishG

2.31.0 fixed the problem

• 0 Votes
    8 Posts
    L

Thank you, gentlemen!

This worked. I hope that a summary of this explanation is included in the documentation.

• 0 Votes
    14 Posts
    L

@robi said in SnappyMail on Cloudron: How to setup your domain name's email with SnappyMail:

@jdaviescoates Cool, what recording extension did you use?

Also love the Bitwarden workflow, didn't know it was so slick now.

VokoscreenNG is good:
    https://linuxecke.volkoh.de/vokoscreen/vokoscreen.html

• 0 Votes
    7 Posts
    L

Just in case you like mystery stories, there is a bit more to this tale. It might be connected to time. Restoring to a backup works ok, until the next day/midnight...

Also, the account was also setup on Nextcloud and remains accessible there.

I think it might be due to a OTTP token corruption problem. There is no OTTP used for access via Nextcloud.

• problem logging into /?admin

Solved
    1 Votes
    10 Posts
    necrevistonnezrN

@robi me stupid. I had two entries with allow_admin_panel, one was "On", one was "Off" 🙄

• Authentication error

Solved
    0 Votes
    10 Posts
    S

@girish Indeed, that was the case! Thanks 🙂

I'd installed the plugins, but didn't check them yet.

The plugin had a placeholder (invalid) value set as the default.

• How to set Postgres as the default db ?

Solved
    1 Votes
    4 Posts
    S

@nebulon @girish
    Thanks for the details!

• 0 Votes
    8 Posts
    L

I did it! Thank God for that! You have no idea how glad I am to get out of that rabbit hole! Thank God!

Thank you everybody who looked and tried to help. In particular, thank you to @humptydumpty for that last post. The key thing I was missing was that I needed to go into the Cloudron's email settings and create a mailbox for my email.

I will try and add some comments later but right now I am just delighted and have to do so many other things that were blocked.

I love Cloudron!

• Solr - does it work with Snappy Mail Client?

Moved
    2 Votes
    3 Posts
    girishG

@artd2019 Have to test with SnappyMail! Will get back on whether it uses the indexed search.

• 0 Votes
    3 Posts
    fbartelsF

@girish for me this message has stopped popping up after the 7.4.1 update.

• Snappymail now available as Nextcloud App

2 Votes
    11 Posts
    2k Views
    humptydumptyH

My NC and mail server are on two different Cloudrons. I had to go into the NC Admin Settings --> Administration --> Additional Settings, and log in as SnappyMail admin through the link on the page and did the following:

Domains: add your domain(s) to the list Click on your newly added domain and enter your mail server under IMAP and SMTP. Go to Security and change the default admin password. You should be able to log in now.
  • 0 Votes
    3 Posts
    L

@nebulon

We are so fortunate to have somebody as brilliant as you to solve our problems for us and create solutions!

Thank you very much!

• Can't connect

0 Votes
    5 Posts
    dynimightiD

@robi, everything was fine. used Roundcube and that worked. thanks.

• This topic is deleted!

0 Votes
    1 Posts
    No one has replied
  • Wallpaper does not cover entire screen

Solved
    3 Votes
    2 Posts
    humptydumptyH

Fixed by DJMAZE. Thx!

------ the-djmaze ------ Design was "contain" so that the whole image is shown. I've changed it to be "cover" to cover the whole screen.

https://github.com/the-djmaze/snappymail/commit/e0e69b3d3d6db556467c1b2ac5ff29d4e1f898fe

• Unified inbox approach

0 Votes
    9 Posts
    robiR

@jdaviescoates said in Unified inbox approach:

Similarly, I've started using Nextcloud Deck instead of WeKan too (partly because the Nextcloud Desk app is much nicer than using WeKan on mobile)

Too bad it has no gantt charting.