Cloudron makes it easy to run web apps like WordPress, Nextcloud, GitLab on your server. Find out more or install now.

• Staff

I like the idea of domain aliases in general. We can also carry over this concept to the mail server.

• @girish Agreed, This is how HSphere and Cpanels use them as well. You already have the GUI for it, just a checkbox and boom. 😉

• @girish definitely need for the mail server. 👍

• @girish said in Domain Aliases:

I like the idea of domain aliases in general. We can also carry over this concept to the mail server.

I was reading this Feature Request and was wondering if you guys have any roadmap, milestone pages in which to see what features make the cut? Or maybe you could use this very forum - if only it had any other status than "Solved" like "In Development" or "Considering". That would be really cool on here.

• We need to develop something for aliases this week, will update here if we can do independently or need to look into the box.

• Staff

@Lonk The closest we have is https://forum.cloudron.io/topic/3205/what-s-coming-in-6-0-take-2 . We only plan from one release to the next. From what we have seen, anything more "forward" looking gets obsolete/out of date very quickly. This is why I also proceeded to remove many of the WIP tags in apps. We had 14 previously, it was not a reflection of reality. It's now down to 2 or so now and it is much closer to what we are actually working on coming few weeks (this doesn't take into account all the unstable apps we have pushed out - weblate, calibre, dolibarr, moodle etc which still require work to become stable).

@Lonk The closest we have is https://forum.cloudron.io/topic/3205/what-s-coming-in-6-0-take-2 . We only plan from one release to the next. From what we have seen, anything more "forward" looking gets obsolete/out of date very quickly. This is why I also proceeded to remove many of the WIP tags in apps. We had 14 previously, it was not a reflection of reality. It's now down to 2 or so now and it is much closer to what we are actually working on coming few weeks (this doesn't take into account all the unstable apps we have pushed out - weblate, calibre, dolibarr, moodle etc which still require work to become stable).

That makes sense. But I do hope domain aliases make the cut. They’re the one thing holding me back! And yes, this is me holding back. 😉

• @girish I was wondering, since this is the only reason I haven't ported my Wordpress installation over yet - are domain aliases still being considered for 6.0? For me it's for Wordpress Multisite, for everyone else it's to solve the mail alias issue (I don't know the mail system, but I know this was a solution from it from @marcusquinn's comment).

• Staff

@lonk It's too late for Cloudron 6 (which is due in 2 weeks from now). We can think about it for the release after.

@lonk It's too late for Cloudron 6 (which is due in 2 weeks from now). We can think about it for the release after.

Awesome, I’ll numb this thread in a month or two then. ☺