Solved Migrating Wordpress Cloudways to Cloudron
Can someone please let me know what is the best way to migrate wordpress from Cloudways to Cloudron with all the plugins and settings intact.
I too need to migrate 6 highly customised Wordpress sites built with 6 different themes/ pagebuilders from Cloudways to Cloudron. Petrified!!!
marcusquinn last edited by marcusquinn
This has always worked well enough for me:
I had issues with this but comes well reviewed:
Search for nulled versions if you need a cheaper way to get their Pro versions and can't justify the cost. Otherwise, support developers that make your life easier.
This worked really well on my first migration...just one accessibilty-linked issue to resolve.
Thank you very much...this is a wonderfully helpful community!
@oj thanks for sharing the feedback, surely helpful for others to come. Wordpress migration is always a picky topic.
martinkbs last edited by
The fastest way to migrate any WordPress installation to Cloudron is very simple:
- Export the /wp-content/ folder on the origin server to a wp-content.zip file
- Export the database on the source server to a .sql file. In phpmyadmin, select all the tables, and export to bbdd.sql
- Create a clean install of WordPress on the target Cloudron
- Once created, go to the file manager of the Cloudron WordPress installation and into the /public/ folder:
- upload the wp-content.zip file
- delete existing /wp-content/ folder
- unzip the file wp-content.zip
- change ownership to www-data from /wp-content/ folder which has been unzipped
- Finally, upload the .sql file of the database from step 2 to the path /app/data/
After this, all that remains is to migrate the database. To do this, go to the application console in Cloudron. Once in it, you just have to type:
wp db reset
wp db import bbdd.sql
With this, the migration is complete.
micmc last edited by
@martinkbs Yep! That's almost as easy as installing and using a plugin as "all in one ... migration", which is great as well.
@martinkbs Great write up. Thank you so much! I made a guide out of your post - https://docs.cloudron.io/guides/migrate-wordpress/
martinkbs last edited by
jdaviescoates last edited by
@girish said in Migrating Wordpress Cloudways to Cloudron:
I made a guide out of your post - https://docs.cloudron.io/guides/migrate-wordpress/
Perhaps mention the All in One Migration plugin there too? I think for lots of people that's actually a much simpler option.
@jdaviescoates Possibly.. I expanded the guide to outline both the approaches now.