Cloudron makes it easy to run web apps like WordPress, Nextcloud, GitLab on your server. Find out more or install now.

Skip to content

OpenWebUI

10 Topics 80 Posts
  • OpenWebUI - Package Updates

Pinned
    1 Votes
    14 Posts
    nebulonN

[0.11.1]

Update OpenWebUI to 0.1.121 Full changelog Translation Issues: Addressed various translation discrepancies. LiteLLM Security Fix: Updated LiteLLM version to resolve a security vulnerability. HTML Tag Display: Rectified the issue where the '< br >' tag wasn't displaying correctly. WebSocket Connection: Resolved the failure of WebSocket connection under HTTPS security for ComfyUI server. FileReader Optimization: Implemented FileReader initialization per image in multi-file drag & drop to ensure reusability. Tag Display: Corrected tag display inconsistencies. Archived Chat Styling: Fixed styling issues in archived chat. Safari Copy Button Bug: Addressed the bug where the copy button failed to copy links in Safari.
  • Access Ollama Base URL from n8n

Solved
    1 Votes
    6 Posts
    W

@girish Perfect thank you! This actually made it work for me!

Steps:
    Generate an API key in your OpenWebUI.

Add the header Authorization: Bearer {{api_key}} to a post request to {{OpenWebUI_URL}}/ollama/api/generate and a body of

{ "model": "llama2", "prompt": "Why is the sky blue?" }

From there I get the response via the api.

To use it with n8n I can just use the regular request node.

The URL

{{OpenWebUI_URL}}/ollama/

gets forwarded to the internal Ollama endpoint. So if you want to access other aspects of the Ollama api you can just use their documentation at https://github.com/ollama/ollama/blob/main/docs/api.md#generate-a-completion.

In the docs replace "localhost:11434/api/" with "{{OpenWebUI_URL}}/ollama/api/"

• Should ollama be part of this app package?

5 Votes
    18 Posts
    coniunctioC

@girish said in Should ollama be part of this app package?:

Local ollama is now integrated. You have to reinstall the app though.

Keep your expectations in check. It probably won't work great if you don't have a good CPU and we have no GPU integration yet. It's very slow with low end CPUs. I am not an expert on the RAM/CPU/GPU requirements. Feel free to experiment.

I have been using the workaround of disabling local Ollama with the Cloudron app and running a separate (external) docker container installation of Ollama with a dedicated GPU on the same hardware and then linking that instance of Ollama to the Cloudron instance of Open-WebUI. Somehow, this configuration is faster on a NAS purchased in 2018 with an add-on NVIDIA 8GB GPU than my M1 MacBook Pro with 16GB RAM and integrated GPU purchased more recently. The additional bonus of running the Cloudron Open-WebUI vs the localhost version on my Apple silicon MBP is that I can use my local LLMs on my mobile devices in transit when my laptop is shut down.

• The models load in the void

1 Votes
    6 Posts
    girishG

Just saw this post - LLaMA Now Goes Faster on CPUs

• Can't open web UI

Solved
    1 Votes
    3 Posts
    Dennis4720 0D

Correct, problem was solved shortly after posting this.

• let's collect some metrics

4 Votes
    17 Posts
    L

One thing I would like to have as an option is a bell sound when the generation has completed. It helps me be productive elsewhere instead of waiting.

Oh, I would suggest overriding the initial memory allocation and ramping it up to as much RAM as you can spare.

• 3 Votes
    7 Posts
    L

@jdaviescoates I think you tried the mixtral one already. How about one of the puffin or orca models?

• Changing the admin password doesn't work

Solved
    0 Votes
    2 Posts
    jdaviescoatesJ

Doh!

It does work, I just hadn't scrolled down to see the all important Update password button!

image.png

• The advanced settings are reset every time

2 Votes
    4 Posts
    girishG

Yeah, upstream is in heavy development, so I guess some of these issues are expected.

• Various configuration issues

0 Votes
    3 Posts
    girishG

@LoudLemur said in Various configuration issues:

Cloudron's instructions say to change the password and email. You can change the password OK, but I don't think there is a field to change the email address.

I can confirm this. There is actually no way to change the email. Can you report/ask this upstream and link it here? Thanks.