Cloudron makes it easy to run web apps like WordPress, Nextcloud, GitLab on your server. Find out more or install now.


Skip to content
  • Categories
  • Recent
  • Tags
  • Popular
  • Bookmarks
  • Search
Skins
  • Light
  • Brite
  • Cerulean
  • Cosmo
  • Flatly
  • Journal
  • Litera
  • Lumen
  • Lux
  • Materia
  • Minty
  • Morph
  • Pulse
  • Sandstone
  • Simplex
  • Sketchy
  • Spacelab
  • United
  • Yeti
  • Zephyr
  • Dark
  • Cyborg
  • Darkly
  • Quartz
  • Slate
  • Solar
  • Superhero
  • Vapor

  • Default (No Skin)
  • No Skin
Collapse
Brand Logo

Cloudron Forum

Offical apps | Community apps | Demo | Docs | Install
Y

YurkshireLad

@YurkshireLad
Unfollow Follow
About
Posts
20
Topics
7
Shares
0
Groups
0
Followers
0
Following
0

Posts

Recent Best Controversial

  • You ready for the silliest Feature Request Ever? Colour-coded edges in the Notifications view!
    Y YurkshireLad
    Feature Requests

    Absolutely not silly. From a usability point of view, it's an excellent idea.


  • Authentication support?
    Y YurkshireLad
    Jitsi

    Is this feature on the roadmap?


  • Element based video meetings
    Y YurkshireLad
    Matrix (Synapse/Element)

    Are video connections established directly between users? Or do the video feeds go through the Cloudron server?


  • Friendica - A Decentralized Social Network
    Y YurkshireLad
    App Wishlist

    Did anyone get this to work?


  • PTR problem with email server
    Y YurkshireLad
    Support rdns ptr email

    @JOduMonT I've been using a relay service (Elastic Mail) and the emails it sent ended up in the SPAM folder anyway. So I thought I would experiment with Cloudron's email server for a bit of fun. 🙂


  • PTR problem with email server
    Y YurkshireLad
    Support rdns ptr email

    Thanks. I know how to change the r-DNS entry for the VPS. Perhaps my question wasn't the right one.

    Is the r-DNS (PTR) only used for email? Ignoring Cloudron, will it cause any problems for any other reason, if I change the r-DNS from domain.com to my.domain.com?


  • PTR problem with email server
    Y YurkshireLad
    Support rdns ptr email

    I decided I would play around with Cloudron's built in email server, so I enabled it and let it configure the DNS in Digital Ocean. However, there's a problem with the PTR record:

    Hostname: <IP>
    Record type: PTR
    Expected value: my.domain.com
    Current value: domain.com

    I installed Cloudron to the root of my domain, domain.com. Obviously the control panel is available at my.domain.com. How do I configure the r-DNS entry for this? I can't change the r-DNS entry as it's pointing to the root of my domain, which hosts the webmail client.

    Thanks


  • Option to automatically expose LDAP directory to external machines over SSL
    Y YurkshireLad
    Discuss ldap multi-host feature-request

    @will Yes, a site on a different as server (not managed by Cloudron) that could connect to the LDAP directory.


  • Cloudron's email server
    Y YurkshireLad
    Discuss email

    Thanks. I've been using ElasticMail to relay notification emails from my site but they always end up in spam. That may be due to the domain name, I don't know.


  • Best way to redirect users from root domain to non-Cloudron sub-domain?
    Y YurkshireLad
    Discuss redirect

    I already have mydomain.com listed as a domain. I guess because of how I installed Cloudron.

    I have a non-Cloudron site installed at social.mydomain.com. Sorry, that part of my post may have been confusing or ambiguous.


  • Cloudron's email server
    Y YurkshireLad
    Discuss email

    How many people use Cloudron to manage their email server? It's very tempting for me to click the button that says to let Cloudron to handle it but that's a big step!


  • Option to automatically expose LDAP directory to external machines over SSL
    Y YurkshireLad
    Discuss ldap multi-host feature-request

    Apologies if this has already been mentioned, but I'd like an option to expose the LDAP directory to external machines over SSL (StartTLS?). I know there's a page in the documentation that might explain how to do this (which I have yet to read), but I think an option to automatically expose it would be very useful.


  • Uninstalling apps?
    Y YurkshireLad
    Discuss uninstall

    If I uninstall an app, does it remove all traces of that app from the disk and databases? Does it leave any residual files or data lying around?


  • Chat application thoughts?
    Y YurkshireLad
    Discuss chat rocket.chat mattermost matrix

    Thanks. LDAP support and maturity are important. I don't need federation.


  • Nextcloud 19
    Y YurkshireLad
    Nextcloud nextcloud

    I don't want to be a party pooper, but I would hold off using Nextcloud 19 until the next point release. I hit some problems, one of which they've already fixed. The worst one was duplicate pictures in the Photos app. (Edit for details)

    I deleted all the example pictures and uploaded one via the Android app (which is also broken). If I clicked the picture in NextCloud, it was displayed full screen. If I closed it, the photo was duplicated in the photo gallery.

    Deleting documents in the Android app is impossible as selection is completely broken at the moment.


  • What do you do?
    Y YurkshireLad
    Discuss

    I'm just a boring s/w developer, nothing exciting about me. 🙂


  • Best way to redirect users from root domain to non-Cloudron sub-domain?
    Y YurkshireLad
    Discuss redirect

    I have Cloudron installed at my.mydomain.com (for example) and I also have a site at social.mydomain.com. I don't have anything at mydomain.com, but I'd like any visitors to the root to be forwarded to social.mydomain.com. What's the best way to implement this?


  • External LDAP servers?
    Y YurkshireLad
    Discuss ldap

    If you're using an external LDAP server, what product are you using? So far I'm only familiar with OpenLDAP but I've had a hard time getting it working with StarTLS and the RFC2307BIS schema.


  • Chat application thoughts?
    Y YurkshireLad
    Discuss chat rocket.chat mattermost matrix

    Which of the chat applications (Rocket, Matrix, Mattermost) do you prefer? Which is the most lightweight with the best mobile app support? It's not obvious to me which of them get their account information or authentication from the Cloudron installation.


  • Social Networks ?
    Y YurkshireLad
    Discuss

    I've been using HumHub for a while and it's pretty good. It has some quirks and the default theme is annoying, but it I like it.

  • Login

  • Don't have an account? Register

  • Login or register to search.
  • First post
    Last post
0
  • Categories
  • Recent
  • Tags
  • Popular
  • Bookmarks
  • Search