Cloudron makes it easy to run web apps like WordPress, Nextcloud, GitLab on your server. Find out more or install now.

SeaTable - Speadsheet meets database

• https://seatable.io

SeaTable is a new application that combines spreadsheet with database. It allows you to manage many kinds of information as easily as a spreadsheet, while being as powerful as a dedicated information management application. With APIs and SDKs, you may quickly adapt SeaTable to your use cases, automate data processing and business processes.

• @TimoT came across this recently too, but unfortunately their dtable-server which stores the tables and provide collaborative features is proprietary

• These are the types of tool I need! Sounds like an Airtable alternative. By a Seafile developer nonetheless.

It's sad it's not fully open source but it's still self-hostable, no?

Also, how would I be able to "collaborate with your customers" if there's no collaborative features? 🤔

SeaTabe community edition should not be used to provide SaaS service or as a part of your SaaS service. Other kinds of usage are okay, including

• Use it internally in your company.
    • Personal or home use.
    • Use it to collaborate with your customers.
    • Use it for IT projects for your customers, as long as you use a separate server for each of your customers.

• @yusf said in SeaTable - Speadsheet meets database:

It's sad it's not fully open source but it's still self-hostable, no?

I believe so, yes.

@yusf said in SeaTable - Speadsheet meets database:

Also, how would I be able to "collaborate with your customers" if there's no collaborative features?

I think you can have those features, they are just proprietary.

So I guess it would still be nice to have this on Cloudron.

• This is something I've personally been looking for forever! So, great find. Given the proprietary bits, we likely CAN package it as CE and then one would need to just 'upgrade' it per their terms. CR does this with another package (Confluence maybe?) already.

The compose file looks like we could take it apart for CR based use decently, but we'd really need the original Dockerfile files to really do it. Those don't appear to be published anywhere accessible. If you find them, I'd be happy to take a closer look at packaging it for you.

The alternative looks VERY promising, but they are brand new (baserow) and haven't published a repo yet.