Cloudron makes it easy to run web apps like WordPress, Nextcloud, GitLab on your server. Find out more or install now.

Skip to content

Off-topic

Anything else not related to Cloudron

260 Topics 2.0k Posts
  • Backblaze went public

3 Votes
    4 Posts
    L

@girish BackBlaze are brilliant for their stats! Thank you so much for this service, BackBlaze!

• Traffic Handling in Apache and NGINX

Moved
    0 Votes
    4 Posts
    girishG

Yeah, I found this exact same spam text in another forum.

• open web lounge 2021 - this friday

6 Votes
    1 Posts
    No one has replied
  • Hetzner Cloud goes USA

2 Votes
    5 Posts
    P

@jdaviescoates Perfect 🙂

• Pull GitHub Repositories to GitLab CE

1 Votes
    4 Posts
    arshsahzadA

@girish @murgero Thank you for the suggestions

• 5 Votes
    10 Posts
    1k Views
    micmcM

@jdaviescoates said in Contabo VPS now comes with NVME at no extra cost:

they actually make you pay 6 months in advance, which imho kinda defeats the purpose of hourly charging

I'd agree with your point, though I was actually checking on them while reading this, and just to be fair and to let you know, it seems they've change this 6 months pricing policy now. (I'm not affiliated with them in any way, I did not even tried their service (yet?))

And for example the package on this page sounds interesting with a fair enough monthly price imho, for this "root server" an upgrade VPS package which is a mix of virtualization and dedicated hardware as 4 dedicated CPUs with 16 GB and 320GB SSD for monthly 16E, sounds to me like it could be used for a small business jitsi server, what dot you think?

• 8 Votes
    5 Posts
    marcusquinnM

Very cool - some good ideas for my crypto-mining operations in there 🙂

• Berty - Brax - Bytz

0 Votes
    3 Posts
    L

@digitegal

He was able to recently raise $1 Million to help fund the Berty project, so is credible. If you look at what he is trying to build with Berty, he seems far-sighted, based on his choice of ipfs. Other people I chat with are familiar with his team and think they are great, so you could use that as a measure of the man too. He likes to build the right things the right way.

• 0 Votes
    1 Posts
    No one has replied
  • Delete My Account and Data

0 Votes
    2 Posts
    girishG

@inference There is a delete button in https://forum.cloudron.io/user/inference/edit

• Letsencrypt is down for now

1 Votes
    2 Posts
    girishG

Looks like it's all operational now.

• 3 Votes
    2 Posts
    jdaviescoatesJ

@jagan personally I stay away from all things Cloudflare. Like the Tech Giants they are in the business of surveillance cspitalism and are massively over centralising the Internet. See also stuff like https://tech.tiq.cc/2016/01/why-you-shouldnt-use-cloudflare/

• Using Jitsi Meet?

6 Votes
    2 Posts
    P

@doodlemania2 👀👁

• Disable but not uninstall Cloudron

0 Votes
    3 Posts
    girishG

Cloudron is really more like an OS since it configures a lot of things on the server. For example, custom DNS server, nginx configurations, collectd configs, systemd configs etc. Disabling and changing all these services will most likely eventually break things. So long story short, there is really no way to disable it.

Maybe you can just look into taking a snapshot/create image and then restore your server later to that image?

• Another self-hosting option

4 Votes
    9 Posts
    jdaviescoatesJ

@scooke said in Another self-hosting option:

Ethibox.

Great find, thanks!

• Audacity joins the dark

2 Votes
    13 Posts
    E

The DARK THEME has been implemented, and it is very nice! That being said, thanks for the heads up but there is no need to panic. Telemetry is an optional setting that defaults to disabled. As far as alternate folks go, there are none in the Free Software line. Pro software such as Adobe Audition is the next big thing. My preference is Audacity over it when it comes to editing and effects.

• Ubuntu Web

5 Votes
    7 Posts
    marcusquinnM

@murgero I've been experimenting with other distributions, where Ubuntu doesn't seem to support all hardware for WiFi during installation (works if you connect to ethernet during installation) or sound-card Drivers, and found I really like OpenSUSE, probably more. Might do a post on that soon too for gathering screenshots and experiences.

• 1 Votes
    2 Posts
    robiR

@marcusquinn someone was doing some thinking, and then made it happen.

We can do the same with rclone and cloudron volumes individually, until we get multi-cloudron 😛

• Docker announcement and LiMa

0 Votes
    3 Posts
    girishG

We don't use docker desktop but we do pay for docker hub for hosting the app images.

• How much does VPS location matter?

0 Votes
    20 Posts
    1k Views
    marcusquinnM

@elianaw39777620 A.I. bot 👋