Cloudron makes it easy to run web apps like WordPress, Nextcloud, GitLab on your server. Find out more or install now.

Skip to content

Off-topic

Anything else not related to Cloudron

254 Topics 2.0k Posts
  • Feature phones to replace the dumbphones we use

3 Votes
    16 Posts
    1k Views
    murgeroM

@humptydumpty said in Feature phones to replace the dumbphones we use:

Mudita Pure

That Mudita Pure looks so sleek - If it had wifi or LTE/5G I'd probably get it.

• How to increase the swap size?

Solved
    0 Votes
    4 Posts
    girishG

Yes, just following normal linux procedures to allocate more swap space should work.

• Which Anti-Spam measure is this?

0 Votes
    3 Posts
    humptydumptyH

@girish It's from Sam's Club so yeah it's Walmart. I've seen something similar elsewhere though, can't remember where.

Edit: I went through that forum thread. I can confirm I ran into issues as well with that captcha. I thought it was related to my VPN.

• Cloudron-CLI magic?

1 Votes
    2 Posts
    nebulonN

I guess you just have a very fast network connection to your server then 🙂
    The cli uses the same REST api as the dashboard.

• Sustain Open Source

4 Votes
    2 Posts
    timconsidineT

@luckow cool idea !
    $50 spent --> $340 distributed to projects (estimated)

• 0 Votes
    7 Posts
    ?

@austin Yeah... I would use Surfer.

• pubg mobile changes network to 3G from 4G

0 Votes
    2 Posts
    1k Views
    d19dotcaD

@onlybro That seems more like a phone issue to me, as I don't think apps can change people's networks without notifying them / requesting approval first. Let alone the difference between 3G and 4G which is ultimately using the same cellular connection from a phones point of view.

• 7 Votes
    13 Posts
    doodlemania2D

@doodlemania2 If anyone is interested - I know some of you weren't keen on my original service cause it was US based (Latency being the top questions).

So, happy to announce I'm now up and running in Frankfurt, so if you'd like to leverage either of those tools (or anything else I offer hosting for), let me know. See www.thedoodleproject.com for details if you are curious.

• 👀👀👀 ooooooohhhhh

3 Votes
    10 Posts
    marcusquinnM

@murgero That's not even retro for most companies in the Microsoft tax fiefdom 😂

• specific post on this forum won't open for me

2 Votes
    13 Posts
    jdaviescoatesJ

@humptydumpty thanks, I had the exact same issue with https://forum.cloudron.io/topic/2189/ldap-ad-server/40 (which I note has "ad" in the url) also with uBlock Origin installed and so just added cloudron.io to Trusted Sites and now it works fine for me again (just hard refreshing was not working).

• 0 Votes
    8 Posts
    humptydumptyH

@sysadmin Actually, I didn't see this option yesterday. I saw "self-hosted" and immediately clicked on it 😆. Thanks again!

• 1 Votes
    23 Posts
    2k Views
    M

@robi I've put it in the corresponding thread here

• Core Web Vitals - featured talk 04 May 2021

5 Votes
    1 Posts
    No one has replied
  • This topic is deleted!

0 Votes
    14 Posts
  • Wrote a Cloudron review, probably?

9 Votes
    6 Posts
    jegillikin 0J

Relatedly, for the benefit of the team here, I'm a ghostwriter for some of the content at HostingAdvice.com. I've nominated Cloudron as a potential future feature article, and the staff there added y'all to the list of companies to research for future interviews. (And if they conduct one, I'll end up doing the write-up.) HA gets pretty decent traffic from a CIO perspective, so here's hoping that Cloudron comes up on the list sometime soon.

• How do you take and manage notes?

2 Votes
    27 Posts
    1k Views
    S

Great thread!

I stumbled up this today so I figured I would share it here as it can sync using nextcloud and that could prove useful for Cloudron users. You are able to format and view notes differently than joplin. I was impressed with Joplin's web clipper. Joplin's biggest asset is it has a huge following. There are alot of plugins being developed to broaden what you can do with it.

https://opentodolist.rpdev.net/
    https://gitlab.com/rpdev/opentodolist
    "A todo and task managing application, written in Qt and using QML for its UI. OpenTodoList is targeted at typical desktop environments (Windows, Linux, Mac OS X) as well as mobile devices such as Android phones."

This is a nice video walk through.

It looks like select whether each notwork is local or not. I am not sure if you can do that with joplin. Here is a link to the android app.

• FreeOffice (Softmaker)

1 Votes
    6 Posts
    marcusquinnM

@robi Yeah, tried all the LibreOffice sort-of mode settings, the experience on Mac & Windows is not as good as Linux, and I don't need to run a Linux desktop just for Docs, Sheets & Slides.

If LibreOffice & Softmaker collaborated, that would be amazing. In the meantime, I need speed and productivity, and this I feel is a notable option, albeit perhaps for growing influence in campaigning for better FOSS in this area by example and qualified feedback.

• 0 Votes
    3 Posts
    necrevistonnezrN

@scooke
    I have the same issue, it just happens. Some stupid bot or just a spelling mistake.
    I assume you have catch-all enabled in the e-mail settings for that domain? After you disable it, only your configured addresses receive mails.

Screenshot_2021-04-03 CKFL.png

• 2 Votes
    4 Posts
    ?

Added a basic token check via querystring. Basically Directus doesn't let me set auth headers via their webhooks so I cant trigger builds off of it directly. Needed this as a middleman.

• Fire declared in OVH SBG2 datacentre building

4 Votes
    19 Posts
    1k Views
    girishG

@jensbee4 said in Fire declared in OVH SBG2 datacentre building:

The problem on my side is i get an internal server error from exoscal. i checked with serveral clients. Will wait if the support can give me a list of buckits....

Oh, that's unfortunate 😞 I am surprised how an object storage service can fail with just 2TB.

An important question. Is my infomation correct that every backup is a full backup?

It's not! Some backups are the backup of a single app. This is during right before we update an app. I created a task to make this clearer (https://git.cloudron.io/cloudron/box/-/issues/775).

If you want to give a person instructions on how to cleanup backups, you can tell them that if a directory contains a file named box_xxx, then it's a full backup. Otherwise, it's not. In general, if you had backups for this year, you can safely remove everything from 2020 I guess. Alternately, the backend people must have some mechanism to stash those things in some other bucket temporarily instead of deleting it.