Cloudron makes it easy to run web apps like WordPress, Nextcloud, GitLab on your server. Find out more or install now.

Skip to content

Off-topic

Anything else not related to Cloudron

254 Topics 2.0k Posts
  • App Idea: ActivityPub enabled git platform

1 Votes
    6 Posts
    ?

@thetomester13 said in App Idea: ActivityPub enabled git platform:

@atrilahiji I actually came across something like this not too long ago, Radicle, which seems to be like what you're talking about I think. Might be worth looking into.

Wow this looks cool actually. Looks super clean too. I'll keep an eye on this, thanks!

@yusf said in App Idea: ActivityPub enabled git platform:

This is the aim of the forgefed initiative. A sort of working group for a spec for federated git forges such as Gitea.

Forgefed seems promising. Going to keep an eye on this one 👀

• DO got NVMe drives

0 Votes
    23 Posts
    1k Views
    jdaviescoatesJ

@privsec said in DO got NVMe drives:

I really like Netcups service. their site is kinda piss poor but the support is good and they have a cloudron deployment option

I don't like the fact that even though they charge by the hour you have to pay 6 months up front.

• Mensch ärgere dich nicht

0 Votes
    3 Posts
    T

@murgero Thanks! I already found the GitHub in my own search! I will try it out but i just thought, maybe you guys here know of more 😄

• 3 Votes
    3 Posts
    humptydumptyH

@girish You're right. It seems you need to have the search box separate than the address bar to have that option work. I like them separated because I use it mostly as a temp copy/paste location and you can see the info across tabs.

• What forum software is being used by Cloudron?

3 Votes
    17 Posts
    timconsidineT

@humptydumpty thank you, very useful to know

• Server Port Speed - Does it really matter?

0 Votes
    2 Posts
    marcusquinnM

@humptydumpty I think low-to-medium traffic is the key in that since it's latency that has the most difference on perceived speed with web browsing & app interfaces (as opposed to things like downloading/streaming).

updown.io is my go-to for monitoring TTFB times from various locations and the cheapest way I've found of doing that.

I usually target <200ms total TTFB from the nearest location and <1s from the furthest to be considered satisfying for all.

Much of the TTFB effect is from the app itself.

As an example; we have Windows servers on Contabo, accessed via Remote Desktop on, and the screencasting is as responsive and quick as any.

If you wanted higher port speed, you'd still probably find upgrading the package on Contabo cheaper than going to something that has the higher port speeds on the lower tier packages anyway.

For me the decisions are: Contabo when I need the cost-efficient CPU & RAM but Hetzner when I want the VPS to be collaborated on, or potentially moved between accounts without migrating the underlying VPS.

I tried pretty much every other provider over the years, and when you find one or two that have a solution for all you need, perform well, have the lowest prices, and all the features you need to get things done - they become a set & forget utility and I'm grateful not to have to think about moving anything again for the foreseeable.

• 3 Votes
    1 Posts
    No one has replied
  • This topic is deleted!

0 Votes
    1 Posts
    No one has replied
  • 1 Votes
    6 Posts
    robiR

This happened.

At the end of the presentation you can hear me MC the Q&A session. 😉

Details with slides and video and additional links:
    https://www.meetup.com/BayLISA/events/rrbvzryccdbxb/

InJoy

• Obligatory Phone Home Screen Sharing Post

1 Votes
    4 Posts
    ?

@murgero yeah I have the switch version. It’s pretty damn good. The mobile one is meh just forgot to delete it lol

• Where do you guys stream?

1 Votes
    10 Posts
    ?

Open Source Self-Hosted Twitch Alternatives | AlternativeTo
    https://alternativeto.net/software/twitch/?license=opensource&platform=self-hosted

• Other self-hosted communities?

2 Votes
    13 Posts
    1k Views
    marcusquinnM

https://d2c.io is pretty decent. Not open-source but self-hosted and does clustering well. They have a Discord channel I nudged them to setup but it only gets a post every few months. Decent project though and some solid app-stacks packaged for one-click installs.

• SpaceX Starlink

1 Votes
    5 Posts
    P

@robi everything you referenced to the install lol worked for ATT installing U-verse and I've seen all types of IW - single family homes, multi dwelling unit, duplex, from band new homes with ethernet to every jack an a nice patch panel to 100+ year old Victorians with no cat5 and where you cant drill anywhere lol I understand Star Links hands off approach could be good for local techs but yeah the complexities of install a new connection into an existing home network is not always as simple as: "run the line and connect it"

• Hello!

3 Votes
    1 Posts
    No one has replied