Cloudron makes it easy to run web apps like WordPress, Nextcloud, GitLab on your server. Find out more or install now.

Skip to content

Off-topic

Anything else not related to Cloudron

258 Topics 2.0k Posts
  • 1 Votes
    21 Posts
    2k Views
    murgeroM

Pixel 5 is dope with Graphene and Proton πŸ™‚

• Something like ngrok?

1 Votes
    6 Posts
    jagadeesh-s2104J

@Mastadamus are you using CF Tunnels?

• 1 Votes
    7 Posts
    timconsidineT

@luckow that's very kind !
    The focus is getting consignment to Polish border so no route deviations on outbound. May be more flexible on return. Will message you as the arrangements finalise.

• Bun.js - the fast & delightful node runtime

1 Votes
    1 Posts
    No one has replied
  • Domain Configure for MinIO API

Solved
    0 Votes
    6 Posts
    4k Views
    W

@arshsahzad This solved my problem too. Thank you!

• 0 Votes
    1 Posts
    No one has replied
  • 0 Votes
    6 Posts
    Vikas-jkV

We are using cloudflare Free version and it works well.

• DeepL.com Translator Service

2 Votes
    6 Posts
    micmcM

@humptydumpty said in DeepL.com Translator Service:

@LoudLemur The translation is worse than Google though πŸ˜‚

LibreTranslate https://libretranslate.com

Interesting now I guess that as an open source the app could get better in time with its use.

Now, what could be more interesting is to test it against Amazon Translate which anyone with an AWS account can use.

I could have tried but I do not have the source text to be translated to English. I know I sometimes use it for English to French translation as well as Deepl and for that they're both very comparable, and I can tell you translation from English to French has been horrible for many many years, but now it's getting much better very surprisingly. It's not perfect but it helps a lot more than ever.

• Ghostboard.io - Analytics for Ghost blogs

0 Votes
    4 Posts
    L

@jdaviescoates said in Ghostboard.io - Analytics for Ghost blogs:

Mostly, I think, because doing basically anything with Ghost seems to require messing with code.

This is definitely a reason. It can be difficult to make any changes without going into the code.

I also don't like their 'integrations' which is a sloppy alternative to an app store for add-ons. A prime example, inserting images using unsplash, they have that built-in but it is kind of useless. If you directly add an image using the unsplash integration it can't resize it so your site ends up with large non-optimized images. Solution? Download the image and then upload it. WTAF?

Most of their integrations require adding things to the header, CDNs and so on, it just ends up bloating the site and slowing it down.

Far too opinionated in the way you should, perhaps must use it.

It is a great idea, works well for many who just want to start blogging and have no specific theme/plugin requirements but done in node.js has created so many limitations it's just not very flexible.

• 5 Votes
    8 Posts
    L

@jdaviescoates said in Cloudflare vs NameSilo Domain Registration/Renewal Pricing:

@marcusquinn said in Cloudflare vs NameSilo Domain Registration/Renewal Pricing:

I've found wise.com the cheapest way to pay

+1 for wise.

Here's a referral link for one free transfer up to 500 GBP! πŸ˜›

https://wise.com/invite/u/josefd2

For domains I use and recommend the β€œno bullshit” domain registrar Gandi (another referral link, this gives 75% off a Simple Hosting S+ pack and 20% off the purchase or transfer of a domain name, but for hosting I recommend Hetzner)

I highly recommend Gandi, too. They often have a sale for particular top level domains.

Cloudflare censors and is becoming a chokepoint for the whole internet. Its Content Deliver Network is insidious.

The more people using alternatives to Cloudflare the better, in my opinion.

• Hosting subdomain with Apache2 virtual hosts

Moved
    0 Votes
    7 Posts
    girishG

I am tempted to move this to off-topic but will wait to see if @salturki responds.

• Anyone using https://fonts.coollabs.io/?

3 Votes
    11 Posts
    girishG

@marcusquinn nginx rewrite rules work at the request processing level. what we need here is to rewrite the content/response.

• K-9 Mail is looking for funding

1 Votes
    5 Posts
    girishG

This is great news!

• Contabo: New UK Region

3 Votes
    31 Posts
    1k Views
    doodlemania2D

@robi Was just thinking that as well - have really been enjoying SSDNodes - they keep giving me too good of deals to resist and now I'm accumulating lots of servers hehe.
    It's like a shopping problem for shoes, but with servers.

• Twitter Tools

Moved
    1 Votes
    6 Posts
    necrevistonnezrN

@Alberta-Higgins You are totally not a bot!

• Mail Forward Chaining?

0 Votes
    7 Posts
    humptydumptyH

@girish Noted. Thanks, Girish!

• 3 Votes
    5 Posts
    mehdiM

@LoudLemur Basically what @robi said : this driver (or any driver for that matter) will only contain information on how to communicate with the hardware, not how the hardware is made, and especially not why it's made that way.

• Calling for Berliners ;-)

7 Votes
    33 Posts
    1k Views
    BrutalBirdieB

@robi Sadly I did not take ANY Fotos at all πŸ˜„
    I hope others might have taken pictures of the food and other stuff 😬

• Git utility ?

1 Votes
    11 Posts
    timconsidineT

@murgero : I tried VSCode a bit more, and tried Sourcetree.
    GitHub Desktop didn't gel for me (don't really know why).

Update for anyone else sitting on the fence : try VSCode !
    Works really nicely, easy integrated environment, relatively low learning curve.
    Certainly suits me as a relative beginner.

• 0 Votes
    5 Posts
    necrevistonnezrN

@robi said in Configure common Downloads folder or just sync?:

If you're on Windows, there's a nice instant search tool called Everything, which can be useful for finding stuff instantly.

Spotlight / Alfred (also with full text index) or Find any File on macOS

If you're on Windows and don't have Admin rights (work PC...) as required for Everything: Locate32 (also available in 64bit 😊) is your friend, works standalone, albeit with an index that (automatically) updates from time to time