Cloudron makes it easy to run web apps like WordPress, Nextcloud, GitLab on your server. Find out more or install now.

Skip to content

Support

Get help for your Cloudron

2.6k Topics 18.2k Posts
  • Outbound Mail Relay using Amazon SES response timeout

Solved
    0 Votes
    3 Posts
    nebulonN

@scottharvey do you still see the issue or have more information on this, like @girish asked? If not, we should probably close this thread.

• 0 Votes
    4 Posts
    nebulonN

Is there any more information on this? For me all my clients I use, have the option to display folders as threaded or not, they also have then different sorting means depending on threaded or not.

• User limitation

Solved
    0 Votes
    5 Posts
    nebulonN

@enesaydogan we have changed our pricing and the user limitation is now lifted.

• Outbound email with Google

Solved
    0 Votes
    7 Posts
    S

After contacting Digital Ocean support and answering a few questions about my email usage they unblocked port 587 so I can send email now. Thanks for the help.

• encrypted rsync error

Solved
    0 Votes
    5 Posts
    M

@girish thanks for the info and extra-feature, that's good to know and might come in handy! I'll also tell people not to use that long filenames to avoid such errors.

• Credit card expired

Solved
    0 Votes
    4 Posts
    M

Hey, thanks guys!

You might want to consider putting a message on the invoices page or somewhere else about this, to be more explicit. Anyway, thanks for your help (and for cloudron!), I'm glad to know it went through alright.

Cheers!

• Failing at install

Solved
    0 Votes
    8 Posts
    1k Views
    nebulonN

Oh indeed, currently Cloudron only supports Ubuntu 16.04 as being an LTS release for now. Sorry that it wasn't clear upfront.

• This topic is deleted!

Solved
    0 Votes
    3 Posts
  • Moving docker containers crashes apps

Solved
    0 Votes
    5 Posts
    girishG

Just tried this and it works for me.

Note that I too see the following message in my logs:

Aug 02 17:29:34 my.smartserver.space dockerd[20759]: time="2018-08-02T17:29:34Z" level=info msg="loading plugin "io.containerd.snapshotter.v1.btrfs"..." module=containerd type=io.containerd.snapshotter.v1 Aug 02 17:29:34 my.smartserver.space dockerd[20759]: time="2018-08-02T17:29:34Z" level=warning msg="failed to load plugin io.containerd.snapshotter.v1.btrfs" error="path /mnt/volume_sfo2_01/docker/containerd/daemon/io.containerd.snapshotter.v1.btrfs must be a btrfs filesystem to be used with the btrfs snapshotter" module=containerd Aug 02 17:29:34 my.smartserver.space dockerd[20759]: time="2018-08-02T17:29:34Z" level=warning msg="could not use snapshotter btrfs in metadata plugin" error="path /mnt/volume_sfo2_01/docker/containerd/daemon/io.containerd.snapshotter.v1.btrfs must be a btrfs filesystem to be used with the btrfs snapshotter" module="containerd/io.containerd.metadata.v1.bolt"

But the above error is harmless. It is just saying that for btrfs plugin we need btrfs volume. This can be ignored since Cloudron does not use btrfs plugin.

• How to add cronjob to running cloudron app?

Solved
    1 Votes
    5 Posts
    1k Views
    girishG

As others said, usually the cron job is part of the app itself. If for some reason you want to run some cron task outside the scope of the app, then you can use a script like below and put it in the crontab of your server.

#!/bin/bash # this is the app's domain name app="test.smartserver.space" # detect the container id of the app container_id=$(docker ps -q -f label=fqdn=$app -f label=isSubcontainer=false) echo "App container id is : $container_id" # we can now run arbitrary commands in the container. below we run a command as the www-data user. docker exec $container_id sudo -u www-data ls -l
  • Detailed Disk Usage

Solved
    0 Votes
    3 Posts
    girishG

I guess we can add this feature as part of https://git.cloudron.io/cloudron/box/issues/465

• Installation hangs at "waiting for cloudron to be ready"

Solved
    0 Votes
    4 Posts
    zenhackZ

Aha, I'd glossed over the bit in the instructions that said to put the IP in the address bar -- I'd punched in the actual domain name and gotten a 404; that combined with the fact that the installer process saying it was waiting for cloudron to start had me thinking something had gone wrong. It's working now. Derp. Thanks for your help.

• web/mail certificate problems

Solved
    0 Votes
    7 Posts
    R

Okay. I've sent the log in mail to support, and provided additional background and specifics.

• This topic is deleted!

0 Votes
    3 Posts
  • Hosting many domains

Solved
    0 Votes
    11 Posts
    3k Views
    nebulonN

Oh I pasted the wrong link apparently, fixed it now.

• "Error" for multiple apps

Solved
    0 Votes
    13 Posts
    1k Views
    U

I forgot to post a follow up on this thread. I'd like to thank @girish for solving my problem. He responded quickly and arranged to ssh into my server to diagnose. He's been very patient and professional and I really appreciate it.

Basically the problem is due to MySQL addons not properly starting/building, so all apps using MySQL error out and cannot start or install. Hope the problem has been resolved in the final 2.4 releases 🙂

• Upgrade still not progress ...

Solved
    0 Votes
    7 Posts
    mehdiM

For the record, I hit that issue too. /boot got full. However, I could not fix it with the solution at https://forum.cloudron.io/topic/1310/disk-filled-up-with-kernel-update-artifacts/2 . I had to follow https://askubuntu.com/a/430944 (slightly adapted)

• Disk filled up with kernel update artifacts

Solved
    2 Votes
    2 Posts
    girishG

@nebulon said in Disk filled up with kernel update artifacts:

rm -rf /var/tmp/mkinitramfs*

I had to instead do:

cd /var/tmp find . -type f -delete -print

This was running for like 5 hours! (and still running)

• Apps using MySQL are not working

Solved
    1 Votes
    3 Posts
    girishG

In another server instance hit by https://forum.cloudron.io/topic/1382/error-for-multiple-apps/12, recreating docker containers did not help. I even disabled apparmor altogether using sudo systemctl stop apparmor and sudo systemctl disable apparmor. We tried server restart as well and that didn't help either.

After disabling apparmor, I saw that mysqld would just quit without showing any error message or log output 😞 As a final thing, I just ended up moving platformdata/mysql to mysql-old and recreated containers again. That made mysql come up and then we restored all the apps.

Still a bit crazy/worrying that we hit this bug atleast twice now and there is no clear resolution.

• Failing to build Cloudron Package

Solved
    0 Votes
    3 Posts
    girishG

For others reading this, currently the process of giving build service access is not automated. If you need access, please send us an email to support@cloudron.io.