Cloudron makes it easy to run web apps like WordPress, Nextcloud, GitLab on your server. Find out more or install now.

Skip to content

Support

Get help for your Cloudron

2.6k Topics 18.0k Posts
  • 0 Votes
    2 Posts
    nebulonN

There is an entry in the issue tracker for powerdns already at https://git.cloudron.io/cloudron/box/issues/117

Regarding the Linux distribution, we currently only support Ubuntu in versions 16.04 and 18.04 and due to testing effort, we don't currently plan on adding further distributions.

• Archiving Emails - SOGo Groupware

Solved
    0 Votes
    2 Posts
    girishG

@gofaniyi SOGo is a "frontend" to email. The emails itself are stored in the backend which is part of Cloudron. Practically, what this means is that if you install some other email frontend like rainloop or roundcube, you will be able to see the same emails.

To answer your question, all the data will be in /home/yellowtent/boxdata/mail/vmail. You will find directories organized by domain.com/username. They are all in maildir format.

• Migrating of Email inboxes from CPanel to SOGo

Solved
    0 Votes
    9 Posts
    1k Views
    nebulonN

Actually, the next time, if you run any linux distribution on your pc, then I would recommend to install imapsync there and do the one-time syncing, this avoids having to install additional packages alongside of Cloudron on that server.

• 0 Votes
    2 Posts
    nebulonN

Cloudron will "take over" the server and also manages the packages and services, which are installed. Generally it is not supported to install anything on the side. In this case Cloudron depends on mysql-server-5.7 which will probably uninstall mariadb through apt.

• 0 Votes
    8 Posts
    R

@nebulon Thank you very much. Yes, the server was done for a while but now back online :).

• This topic is deleted!

0 Votes
    3 Posts
  • Location of the App Directory for uploading files by FTP

Solved
    0 Votes
    2 Posts
    nebulonN

Hi,

the application's data path can be found at /home/yellowtent/appsdata/<appId>/data/ and that is the only writeable path for apps (besides /tmp and /run of course). This is done for security as well as predictability for updates. Usually if you push data there through external means like SSH, you might have to reconfigure the app through the dashboard, in case the file permissions are not correct. Generally it is preferred that data changes are done via the app itself, which I guess is not quite applicable for your use-case though.

For duplicator, from what I understand this migration script is mostly just creating a tarball/zipfile of the whole previous installation and then extracts it into a folder, which is served up by some LAMP environment. This is incompatible with the Cloudron WordPress package, for reasons mentioned above (mostly the read-only fashion) For this you probably have to fallback to the LAMP app itself. There it should work.

• Change of Host

Solved
    0 Votes
    6 Posts
    J

Thank you @girish for the refund!
    Much, much appreciated!

• 0 Votes
    4 Posts
    M

Amazing. Thank you!

• Cloudron 3.1 fresh install changes the time zone?

Solved
    0 Votes
    6 Posts
    girishG

From the next version, we don't require port 80 to be open since we support acme2 DNS based validation.

• DNS API provider is not listed

Solved
    0 Votes
    4 Posts
    girishG

@ihtsham Yes, if you change the MX record of the client's domain to Cloudron's main domain i.e my.domain.com. When you have more clients, you can point all their MX domains to the same my.domain.com.

• Reset Cloudron installation

Solved
    0 Votes
    4 Posts
    2k Views
    nebulonN

Well spotted @fbartels in fact 14.04 is not even supported by Cloudron at all, so it likely won't work anyways.

• Migration with a lot of data via rsync

Solved
    0 Votes
    3 Posts
    nebulonN

Getting a direct ssh connection into an app is not possible. All apps run in a separate container and are isolated from the main system. Depending on the app however, most apps have a read/write folder mounted from the host system into the container to store data. For example nextcloud is setup like this. The folder is located in /home/yellowtent/appsdata/<appid>/data/ and you could rsync data into this folder with the regular ssh connection to your server. You can easily see the appid if you open either the logs viewer of the app in question and take the appid from the browers url bar. Please note that this is merely a workaround so far and it depends on the app, if it correctly will pickup the data there.

• Outbound Mail Relay using Amazon SES response timeout

Solved
    0 Votes
    3 Posts
    nebulonN

@scottharvey do you still see the issue or have more information on this, like @girish asked? If not, we should probably close this thread.

• 0 Votes
    4 Posts
    nebulonN

Is there any more information on this? For me all my clients I use, have the option to display folders as threaded or not, they also have then different sorting means depending on threaded or not.

• User limitation

Solved
    0 Votes
    5 Posts
    nebulonN

@enesaydogan we have changed our pricing and the user limitation is now lifted.

• Outbound email with Google

Solved
    0 Votes
    7 Posts
    S

After contacting Digital Ocean support and answering a few questions about my email usage they unblocked port 587 so I can send email now. Thanks for the help.

• encrypted rsync error

Solved
    0 Votes
    5 Posts
    M

@girish thanks for the info and extra-feature, that's good to know and might come in handy! I'll also tell people not to use that long filenames to avoid such errors.

• Credit card expired

Solved
    0 Votes
    4 Posts
    M

Hey, thanks guys!

You might want to consider putting a message on the invoices page or somewhere else about this, to be more explicit. Anyway, thanks for your help (and for cloudron!), I'm glad to know it went through alright.

Cheers!

• Failing at install

Solved
    0 Votes
    8 Posts
    1k Views
    nebulonN

Oh indeed, currently Cloudron only supports Ubuntu 16.04 as being an LTS release for now. Sorry that it wasn't clear upfront.