Sponsored App Creation
robi last edited by
robi last edited by robi
Have you tried it? Use the "Try it Now" button and feed it a github/gitlab project link.
Self hosted it would be adapted to the git.cloudron.io domain. https://www.gitpod.io/blog/gitpod-self-hosted-0.4.0/
Lonk last edited by
Yeah, it's an interesting tech. Incredibly useful on the go and for people that don't have dedicated software license for professional code IDE's. I really liked playing with it, but my Desktop apps just run much faster.
robi last edited by
Perhaps you could describe and show a how-to setup your desktop app dev environment for those looking to get started.
For everyone else, there's GitPod, plus the ability to co-create with others (up-to 5 people) in the same environment.
Lonk last edited by Lonk
@robi I plan doing a complete run through for getting a Cloudron Development up and running on your desktop (a tutorial post on the Custom Apps forum category). But, right now, mine is pretty hacked together since I just started developing for this platform 1.5 weeks ago. So, my setup is not something I'm proud of rn, despite it technically working (inefficiently).
Meant to post this here:
Be good if there was a way to make Upvotes developer sponsorship pledges!
$100 = 10 App Wishlist Sponsorship Upvotes. I don't mind sponsoring a few things here and there - but developers have to eat, so I think if everyone wants specific apps, start pledging some Paypal dollars in the Wishlist threads to feed the hungry
jdaviescoates last edited by
jdaviescoates 5 minutes ago
@marcusquinn I think my ideal scenario would be something like
- Cloudron 6.0 fully open source again
- Cloudron sets-up an Open Collective
- All subscription monies get paid into the collective and all monies coming in/ out totally transparent (this is one of the really nice features of open collective) - sadly in reality this might not make much sense because of default %'s taken out - although OC recently started trialing 0% fees (still payment processor fees, obviously) with pay it forward option for contributors.
- Option for people to pay more money into the collective should the so choose and have the means. Either lump sum or regular amount (both are already supported).
- Developers who make wished-for apps can also be paid out of the collective and everything is totally transparent.
Or something like that. I open source and I total transparency (Buffer, for example, are really great on this, see https://buffer.com/about#transparency )
Sure, in the meantime, knowing how business can stretch developers thin - let's help them with the PR around the interweb as more subscribers equals more funds to recruit
To conclude this thread, new forum section to get involved:
Can't edit any comments after a time now, so adding this to the sponsoring wishlist:
@marcusquinn I made you a mod for this category. Can you check if you can edit now?
@girish Danke, that works