Cloudron makes it easy to run web apps like WordPress, Nextcloud, GitLab on your server. Find out more or install now.

Skip to content

Support

Get help for your Cloudron

2.6k Topics 18.1k Posts
  • Change of Host

Solved
    0 Votes
    6 Posts
    J

Thank you @girish for the refund!
    Much, much appreciated!

• 0 Votes
    4 Posts
    M

Amazing. Thank you!

• Cloudron 3.1 fresh install changes the time zone?

Solved
    0 Votes
    6 Posts
    girishG

From the next version, we don't require port 80 to be open since we support acme2 DNS based validation.

• DNS API provider is not listed

Solved
    0 Votes
    4 Posts
    girishG

@ihtsham Yes, if you change the MX record of the client's domain to Cloudron's main domain i.e my.domain.com. When you have more clients, you can point all their MX domains to the same my.domain.com.

• Reset Cloudron installation

Solved
    0 Votes
    4 Posts
    2k Views
    nebulonN

Well spotted @fbartels in fact 14.04 is not even supported by Cloudron at all, so it likely won't work anyways.

• Migration with a lot of data via rsync

Solved
    0 Votes
    3 Posts
    nebulonN

Getting a direct ssh connection into an app is not possible. All apps run in a separate container and are isolated from the main system. Depending on the app however, most apps have a read/write folder mounted from the host system into the container to store data. For example nextcloud is setup like this. The folder is located in /home/yellowtent/appsdata/<appid>/data/ and you could rsync data into this folder with the regular ssh connection to your server. You can easily see the appid if you open either the logs viewer of the app in question and take the appid from the browers url bar. Please note that this is merely a workaround so far and it depends on the app, if it correctly will pickup the data there.

• Outbound Mail Relay using Amazon SES response timeout

Solved
    0 Votes
    3 Posts
    nebulonN

@scottharvey do you still see the issue or have more information on this, like @girish asked? If not, we should probably close this thread.

• 0 Votes
    4 Posts
    nebulonN

Is there any more information on this? For me all my clients I use, have the option to display folders as threaded or not, they also have then different sorting means depending on threaded or not.

• User limitation

Solved
    0 Votes
    5 Posts
    nebulonN

@enesaydogan we have changed our pricing and the user limitation is now lifted.

• Outbound email with Google

Solved
    0 Votes
    7 Posts
    S

After contacting Digital Ocean support and answering a few questions about my email usage they unblocked port 587 so I can send email now. Thanks for the help.

• encrypted rsync error

Solved
    0 Votes
    5 Posts
    M

@girish thanks for the info and extra-feature, that's good to know and might come in handy! I'll also tell people not to use that long filenames to avoid such errors.

• Credit card expired

Solved
    0 Votes
    4 Posts
    M

Hey, thanks guys!

You might want to consider putting a message on the invoices page or somewhere else about this, to be more explicit. Anyway, thanks for your help (and for cloudron!), I'm glad to know it went through alright.

Cheers!

• Failing at install

Solved
    0 Votes
    8 Posts
    1k Views
    nebulonN

Oh indeed, currently Cloudron only supports Ubuntu 16.04 as being an LTS release for now. Sorry that it wasn't clear upfront.

• This topic is deleted!

Solved
    0 Votes
    3 Posts
  • Moving docker containers crashes apps

Solved
    0 Votes
    5 Posts
    girishG

Just tried this and it works for me.

Note that I too see the following message in my logs:

Aug 02 17:29:34 my.smartserver.space dockerd[20759]: time="2018-08-02T17:29:34Z" level=info msg="loading plugin "io.containerd.snapshotter.v1.btrfs"..." module=containerd type=io.containerd.snapshotter.v1 Aug 02 17:29:34 my.smartserver.space dockerd[20759]: time="2018-08-02T17:29:34Z" level=warning msg="failed to load plugin io.containerd.snapshotter.v1.btrfs" error="path /mnt/volume_sfo2_01/docker/containerd/daemon/io.containerd.snapshotter.v1.btrfs must be a btrfs filesystem to be used with the btrfs snapshotter" module=containerd Aug 02 17:29:34 my.smartserver.space dockerd[20759]: time="2018-08-02T17:29:34Z" level=warning msg="could not use snapshotter btrfs in metadata plugin" error="path /mnt/volume_sfo2_01/docker/containerd/daemon/io.containerd.snapshotter.v1.btrfs must be a btrfs filesystem to be used with the btrfs snapshotter" module="containerd/io.containerd.metadata.v1.bolt"

But the above error is harmless. It is just saying that for btrfs plugin we need btrfs volume. This can be ignored since Cloudron does not use btrfs plugin.

• How to add cronjob to running cloudron app?

Solved
    1 Votes
    5 Posts
    1k Views
    girishG

As others said, usually the cron job is part of the app itself. If for some reason you want to run some cron task outside the scope of the app, then you can use a script like below and put it in the crontab of your server.

#!/bin/bash # this is the app's domain name app="test.smartserver.space" # detect the container id of the app container_id=$(docker ps -q -f label=fqdn=$app -f label=isSubcontainer=false) echo "App container id is : $container_id" # we can now run arbitrary commands in the container. below we run a command as the www-data user. docker exec $container_id sudo -u www-data ls -l
  • Detailed Disk Usage

Solved
    0 Votes
    3 Posts
    girishG

I guess we can add this feature as part of https://git.cloudron.io/cloudron/box/issues/465

• Installation hangs at "waiting for cloudron to be ready"

Solved
    0 Votes
    4 Posts
    zenhackZ

Aha, I'd glossed over the bit in the instructions that said to put the IP in the address bar -- I'd punched in the actual domain name and gotten a 404; that combined with the fact that the installer process saying it was waiting for cloudron to start had me thinking something had gone wrong. It's working now. Derp. Thanks for your help.

• web/mail certificate problems

Solved
    0 Votes
    7 Posts
    R

Okay. I've sent the log in mail to support, and provided additional background and specifics.

• This topic is deleted!

0 Votes
    3 Posts