Cloudron makes it easy to run web apps like WordPress, Nextcloud, GitLab on your server. Find out more or install now.

Skip to content

Support

Get help for your Cloudron

2.6k Topics 18.0k Posts
  • 0 Votes
    6 Posts
    U

From what you wrote, are you running the server behind your home server in a NAT by any chance?

Yes indeed.

@uiharu Does host cloudflare.com 127.0.0.1 work?

I'll update later

• 0 Votes
    3 Posts
    R

@girish Thanks!

• 0 Votes
    2 Posts
    1k Views
    girishG

@relink Cloudron does not work without a domain name. Many features like DNS integration, certificate management, reverse proxy setup etc all require a domain name.

Maybe you can try a setup like this:

Pick an imaginary domain name like relink.home Choose the noop (only for development) DNS provider. In Advanced section, choose Self signed certificates

In your router/DNS, just add entries for *.relink.home and relink.home to the server's IP. Alternately, add those entires to the /etc/hosts of your PC. You should then be able to reach, my.relink.home and install apps.

• unable to change own Cloudron password

Solved
    0 Votes
    2 Posts
    girishG

@supervacuo Thanks for the report. I have fixed it for the next patch release. The max password length in the backend is 256 but the UI had a bug limiting it to 30.

• Custom links in my. domain.com

Solved
    0 Votes
    3 Posts
    M

You could use my yourls-repo (https://forum.cloudron.io/topic/1115/yourls-org-link-shortener-custom-app-request), add ldapauth to apache for your cloudron users and create links to your forms with yourls. If people click them, they have to auth via apache first and get forwarded after. This wouldn't be a link protection, but it would be a start 😉

• /var/lib/docker/overlay2 getting full

Solved
    0 Votes
    6 Posts
    2k Views
    R

@nebulon Okay. Thanks for clarification!

• This topic is deleted!

0 Votes
    2 Posts
  • Solution to SMTP/IMAP login issues with 3.5

Solved
    3 Votes
    2 Posts
    girishG
    Sogo login issues

Some users have reported issues with logging into SOGo even when using the Cloudron email after the update. This is most likely because you are using an older version of SOGo. The old SOGo app was deprecated ~6 months ago as part of the 2.3 release and is not supported. Please move to the new SOGo immediately.

Install the latest version of the SOGo app (from the appstore) in another location/subdomain. You should see your email when logging in with email now.

If you use calendar/contacts in old SOGo, you can migrate it to the new SOGo using the guide at https://cloudron.io/blog/2018-12-05-carddav-caldav-migration.html

If everything is satisfactory, you can just uninstall the old SOGo.

• Cannot remove domain on 3.4.3

Solved
    0 Votes
    4 Posts
    girishG

Had this issue on support couple of times already: https://git.cloudron.io/cloudron/box/issues/610

• storage error

Solved
    0 Votes
    8 Posts
    girishG

This was resolved offline - most issues where related to unbound (the internal DNS server) being down. Fixed by System -> restart unbound.

• 0 Votes
    3 Posts
    girishG

This was a bug in our UI code. This is fixed in 3.5

• Cloudron hangs in Domain Setup

Solved
    0 Votes
    2 Posts
    girishG

@amg It seems there are multiple issues here:

Restore via CLI not working. Can you tell me more what the error is? Where are you seeing 'Already Setup'? Is this when installing Cloudron? (But the post starts with 'after update' to 3.4)

Please give us more information to help you out.

• Issues on server migration

Unsolved
    1 Votes
    2 Posts
    girishG

@CarbonBee Did I understand correctly that the DNS of cloudron A and Cloudron B are different above?

If so, the behavior is expected (not saying it is correct or even good). Currently, there is no easy way to easily 'migrate' domains - it is only easy to migrate a Cloudron from one server to another provided that all the DNS remains the same.

Can you explain your use case a bit more so we can try to come up with a solution together? I guess you are trying to test your backups? How can we make this work when Cloudron has multiple domains? Once you restore to another server, Cloudron will do the DNS setup of apps automatically and it will end up re-configuring the DNS of the apps to point to this new server.

• 0 Votes
    2 Posts
    girishG

@robw Sorry for the delayed response, we are just coming back from vacation and catching up on support tickets.

If I understand correctly, the Cloudron server has a different outbound IP than the one it detects. We have a custom endpoint (https://api.cloudron.io/api/v1/helper/public_ip) which helps us detect the IP of a server but I guess this detection goes wrong because of your setup.

To fix/workaround this: In the domain setup wizard, you can simply choose "no-op" as the DNS provider. With this provider, all DNS checks are disabled and as long as the domain somehow is able to resolve and reach your cloudron, it should all work. Another thing is that port 80 needs to be reachable as well for Let's Encrypt to work. If this is not possible, you can select 'Self Signed Certs' in the Advanced section of the domain UI.

• Unknown LDAP problem

Solved
    0 Votes
    6 Posts
    BounzB

Thank you, @gofaniyi and @girish!
    Now everything works.

• Cloudron upgrade not working

Solved
    0 Votes
    2 Posts
    girishG

I will mark this as solved since it was fixed with the update (3.4.3).

• Automatic update to Ubuntu 18.04

Solved
    0 Votes
    3 Posts
    G

Great, thanks!

• Cloudron name no longer changeable

Solved
    0 Votes
    2 Posts
    girishG

This is a UI bug in our current release (caused by an update to fontawesome..). You can fix it by doing this:

Open the browser console (firefox, chrome, safari) in the settings page. Run this command angular.element(document.getElementsByClassName('content')).scope().cloudronNameChange.show()

This will open a dialog that will let you set the name.

Some other elements are missing as well in the profile page. For that, run this:

angular.element(document.getElementsByClassName('content')).scope().displayNameChange.show() angular.element(document.getElementsByClassName('content')).scope().emailchange.show() angular.element(document.getElementsByClassName('content')).scope().passwordchange.show()

We will push an update next week.

• 0 Votes
    3 Posts
    1k Views
    A

Yep, thanks. it worked.

• Restore from Backup Error - Fileserver

Solved
    0 Votes
    2 Posts
    girishG

Can you check if the backup format is correct (i.e tgz or rsync) when you restore from the backups? The logs are in journalctl -u box -a.