Cloudron makes it easy to run web apps like WordPress, Nextcloud, GitLab on your server. Find out more or install now.

Skip to content

Support

Get help for your Cloudron

2.6k Topics 18.0k Posts
  • This topic is deleted!

0 Votes
    1 Posts
    No one has replied
  • 0 Votes
    2 Posts
    girishG

I believe @scooke already got this sorted out.

The solution is to just start over with a fresh Ubuntu install and installing Cloudron. Another important thing to remember is to provide the correct version as part of the installation. It must be ./cloudron-setup --provider generic --version <version>. The version field is in the backup id.

• I want Cloudron on my CentOS

Solved
    0 Votes
    4 Posts
    girishG

I will mark this as solved, since it's unlikely we will start supporting another OS. Supporting two ubuntu versions is really hard as-is.

• Mailtrain Reports

Solved
    0 Votes
    5 Posts
    nebulonN

@thisiscowboy does this issue persist with the current mailtrain app package?

• Email service stops working

Solved
    0 Votes
    4 Posts
    nebulonN

Just to conclude this thread. Mostly restarting the mail container will bring back the email server. As mentioned by @alexy this is done via docker restart mail

• Partial backup restore?

Solved
    0 Votes
    5 Posts
    nebulonN

I will mark this thread as "solved", since it is quite old. If this issue is still there, please post a reply.

• Redoing the automatic DNS settings

Solved
    0 Votes
    5 Posts
    nebulonN

The wildcard dns would cover that just fine, so no need to take further action at the moment. Eventually during an update the box service will be anyways restarted.

Just for completeness, systemctl restart box requires root capabilities, so it has to run either as root user or through sudo

• Can't backup/update Minio

Solved
    0 Votes
    5 Posts
    nebulonN

Is this still an issue? If not, was there a solution?

• NextCloud won't install (Cloudron on Gandi)

Unsolved
    0 Votes
    6 Posts
    nebulonN

@tereensio is this issue resolved for you by now?

• Having trouble with setup and route53

Unsolved
    0 Votes
    3 Posts
    nebulonN

@tbroady do you have any update on this? Can we mark this as "solved"?

• creating PTR record in Plesk

Unsolved
    0 Votes
    5 Posts
    1k Views
    nebulonN

Since your provider does not support multiple PTR records per ip, I think this is only solvable in your case by using a email relay.

• Cannot install locally build cloudron app

Solved
    0 Votes
    4 Posts
    girishG

@fbartels Yes, the format of cloudron.json had changed between the CLI version. We didn't write the migration code since we thought it wasn't important.

• 0 Votes
    4 Posts
    necrevistonnezrN

@nebulon said in Large file not syncing in Nextcloud / cannot set max file size for syncing:

So you are saying, one of those now disabled plugins/apps were causing the issue then?

It seems so... I disabled

https://apps.nextcloud.com/apps/bruteforcesettings https://apps.nextcloud.com/apps/files_antivirus https://apps.nextcloud.com/apps/ransomware_detection https://apps.nextcloud.com/apps/ransomware_protection

Now everything works as intended.
    The error when setting the max upload file size still exists though.

• Expired certificates

Solved
    0 Votes
    2 Posts
    nebulonN

Sorry for that, the renewed certs are now deployed.

• Backup Symlinked Data

Solved
    0 Votes
    3 Posts
    tobruT

Thanks @girish, that did the trick and lead straight into Backup Improvements: Restic as Backend.

• 0 Votes
    2 Posts
    nebulonN

There is an entry in the issue tracker for powerdns already at https://git.cloudron.io/cloudron/box/issues/117

Regarding the Linux distribution, we currently only support Ubuntu in versions 16.04 and 18.04 and due to testing effort, we don't currently plan on adding further distributions.

• Archiving Emails - SOGo Groupware

Solved
    0 Votes
    2 Posts
    girishG

@gofaniyi SOGo is a "frontend" to email. The emails itself are stored in the backend which is part of Cloudron. Practically, what this means is that if you install some other email frontend like rainloop or roundcube, you will be able to see the same emails.

To answer your question, all the data will be in /home/yellowtent/boxdata/mail/vmail. You will find directories organized by domain.com/username. They are all in maildir format.

• Migrating of Email inboxes from CPanel to SOGo

Solved
    0 Votes
    9 Posts
    1k Views
    nebulonN

Actually, the next time, if you run any linux distribution on your pc, then I would recommend to install imapsync there and do the one-time syncing, this avoids having to install additional packages alongside of Cloudron on that server.

• 0 Votes
    2 Posts
    nebulonN

Cloudron will "take over" the server and also manages the packages and services, which are installed. Generally it is not supported to install anything on the side. In this case Cloudron depends on mysql-server-5.7 which will probably uninstall mariadb through apt.

• 0 Votes
    8 Posts
    R

@nebulon Thank you very much. Yes, the server was done for a while but now back online :).